JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Ja Rule pleaded guilty to gun charges

VIsqo

Ja Rule Expected To Due Two Years

Ja Rule appeared in a New York court room today where he pleaded guilty to a 2007 gun possession charge. Although he will not be sentenced until sometime in February, Ja Rule is expected to serve around two years behind bars.

Wearing dark-blue jeans and a black sweater, the rapper said "guilty" and answered yes to a judge's questions in a low voice. "Because of your guilty plea here today, you'll have a record of having committed a violent felony. This is a very serious matter," Manhattan state Supreme Court Justice Richard Carruthers told the rapper. Ja Rule's lawyer, Stacey Richman, had no immediate comment. Specifically, the rapper admitted to a charge that involves attempting to have a loaded gun outside one's home or workplace. Ja Rule was promised two years in prison when he is sentenced in February. (Wall Street Journal)

http://www.rapbasement.com/ja-rule/121310-rapper-ja-rule-is-expected-to-serve-two-years-on-a-gun-possession-charge-details-here.html

50 Cent Reacts To Ja Rule Jail Sentence

G-Unit leader 50 Cent recently reacted publicly to fellow rapper Ja Rule being sentenced to two years in jail today on a charge from 2007.

"Damn da homie jah rule gotta do 2 years. Tell him I said don't worry I got him when he come home. Lol," Fif tweeted Monday (December 13).
"Yo word to my mother if anybody knock jah out and f**k him in jail its gonna be on. Lol"
"Yal know I'm crazy as f**'k so don't mess with my little homie jah. Lol"
"I'm well connected, I'm a say it again. I'm well connected don't f**k with my little homie jah"
"You see I was just trying to look out the homie now he mad at me why? lol"
"I don't wish jail on nobody stay strong you little punk. Lol"
"The tweets I wrote were funny till I thought about who's gonna take care his kids. We ain't gonna forget about you little man. Lol" (50 Cent's Twitter)

50 Cent is such and immature douche. Why do people follow this guy? Here's the article I saw on AOL's Boombox...

-----------------------------------------------------

Ja Rule Gets Two Years in Prison for Gun Possession

The past is coming back to haunt Ja Rule. The 34-year-old spitter, whose real name is Jeffrey Atkins, plead guilty to a 2007 gun charge this morning in a New York City courtroom.

The incident in question took place more than three years ago after the rapper's chauffeured Maybach was pulled over following a concert at the Beacon Theater in Manhattan. After smelling marijuana emanating from the whip, police found a loaded semiautomatic gun in the vehicle and charged him with gun possession. A judge later dismissed his statement to police that he had a "little bit of weed" on him. Originally, Ja Rule claimed that the stop was unjustified and questioned the use of a certain type of DNA analysis in the case.

If convicted, the platinum-selling rapper faced up to four years in prison. By pleading guilty today, Ja Rule will only serve two years in prison when he is sentenced in February.

Ja Rule's change of mind may have something to do with Lil Wayne's verdict on a similar gun possession charge earlier this year. Lil Wayne was also nabbed on criminal weapons possession following the 2007 concert. The two had performed earlier that evening during a rendition of the track 'Uh Oh,' after which the emcee was pulled over and arrested. Weezy ended up spending eight months in prison for the charges after pleading guilty, and was released last month.

this is a sad situation, this is one rapper i was looking forward seeing comeback strong, i'd love to bring back those days of 8 years ago when his songs were on the radio, ja rule could make a better song than any of the soulja boy and flo rida garbage out there, last night when i read about him going to jail
i was actually listening to his last album
"r.u.l.e." that went platinum around the time that
"lost and found" was out so his career ain't dead
and 50 is such a loser, i don't have much respect for him anymore

Edited by bigted

i find it funny how those g-unit teenyboppers are quick to say that ja rule was destroyed by g-unit, "Blood In My Eye" showed that ja is a strong battle rapper, and on the most part over the last 5 years g-unit has been putting out weaker material that has failed to even go gold, ja's been doing a lot of touring the past 5 years and he did release some good stuff over the internet... Now I know I made this point before about how I wouldn't say that rappers like Ja Rule and Nelly are legends like Fresh Prince and MC Hammer but you could tell that they admire the legends since they learned how to craft together good songs like the greats, that's something you can't say about most of today's so-called mcs....

Ja Rule will not go platinum again. His music has been delayed for a while now and this prison time is going to make whatever he's been working on irrelevant. He's likely to scrap everything he's done and start over when he gets out. I'd say we are looking at another 4 years before he actually releases a new album. Maybe a little earlier if he gets out early.

I will say this though. I think it's funny that I can look at rappers like Ja Rule in such a different light so many years later. Really shows you how the quality of rappers have taken a dive over the last decade. Ja looks like ****in Rakim next to Soulja Boy.

Ja Rule did not get delayed, he delayed his album himself. He left The Inc a long time ago and is now independent. But no, he proably will not go Platinum again, but then again, who does? 5 guys? He may even make a single that will go Platinum, he is good at making songs people wanna hear on the radio. And even tho he did not release a album in 5 years, he still tours his own tours around the world while other acts signed on major labels with recent albums out are nothing more than support acts on some other guys USA tours. He'll be fine.

Edited by Turntable

I don't even think Will could go platinum anymore if he ever decided to release another album again but it's more about having credibility than selling records, the bottomline is people don't buy music that much these days anyway so really who gives a damn about sales, Ja Rule has had a more established career than a lot of today's one-hit youtube rappers could dream of having, the music industry's a revolving door, most of these artists are a flash in a pan, G-Unit and any of these sucka mcs are a joke, they might claim to have a lot of money but they ain't respected.... I really hope Ja's able to get on track with his life and come back from his prison sentence to continue making good music... Turntable also made a point about
touring, a lot of the veteran mcs do touring and draw
a bigger audience than artists who you hear on the radio,
it's a new era now, the radio don't dictate what the real
fans want....

Edited by bigted