JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

CHRISTINA MILIAN MOVES ON...NEW ALBUM

JumpinJack AJ

I really like Christina Milian. Her career grew considerably since 2001 and peaked in the 2005 area. But since then it's been up and down. I'm hoping the new album establishes her.

------------------------------------------

Christina Milian Moves On, Begins Working on New Album

This year has been full of ups and downs for Christina Milian, but after reaching a settlement in her divorce from ex-husband The-Dream, the 28-year-old has started work on a new album. During her quickie marriage to Dream, the singer was working on the album 'Elope,' which was to be produced by her ex and his music partner Tricky Stewart. Since the split, that has all changed, and now Milian is looking to take things in a different direction.

"Young, fun, sexy and very honest," Milian told The BoomBox of her new album's sound. "I feel I've gotten to a space in my life where I can be very honest with people, so I like to do that through music." During her rough personal year, Milian credits her family as the source of her strength, and helping her to heal and get back into the swing of things on a business level. "I'm just focused on my baby right now and doing what I love. My beautiful daughter, she's my inspiration."

After marrying last year, and welcoming their daughter Violet in February, the twosome called it quits in July, amidst rumors of Dream's infidelity. Although he has never admitted to being unfaithful, Milian noted his cheating in her divorce paperwork, and also contested the terms of their prenuptial agreement, which she said she signed while pregnant and claimed to not be in the proper emotional state to decipher the agreement.

Milian's fourth studio album is due out next year. Only one track, 'Us Against the World,' surfaced from the 'Elope' album. Released in 2008, the single was written by Milian and produced by Madd Scientist.

I've always liked her music. She doesn't have a voice like Christina Aguilera (but not many do). I think she definitely holds her own.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christina Milian Receives $4 Million Divorce Settlement

* Posted Nov 23rd 2010 2:00PM by Latifah Muhammad

Earlier this month it was revealed that Christina Milian and The-Dream reached an undisclosed divorce settlement, and now word has it that the amount is $4 million. The Chicago Sun-Times is reporting that Milian, 28, will receive the lump sum plus $5,000 a month in child support, for the former couple's young daughter, Violet.

"Ms. Milian strongly believes that peaceful resolution is better for their child and that she is very pleased with the settlement and that it was accomplished out of court," said Milian's lawyer, Randy Kessler.

The divorce looked as if it may get ugly, after photos of Dream canoodling in Hawaii with his assistant, Melissa Santiago, hit the 'Net. Amid Milian's claims of his infidelity, Dream later released a letter on his website accepting blame for the split. Milian has since moved on, is focusing on raising her daughter and recently began working on a new album.

"I've been regrouping with my life and everything that was going on," Milian told The BoomBox. "I feel very confident, very sexy, alive. I feel responsible for a lot of things. I'm very thankful for being able to see the light and move forward in my life. Sometimes big things have to happen in your life to push forward and I've had a lot of big things."

Oh I did like some of her songs. I just don't think she is a good singer, she has even less of a voice than Ashanti or Janet. But they all made some good songs, it's al about the song with them realy. Maybe they are just pretending those voices tho, because on her Christmas album Ashanti actualy realy sings with a strong voice.

Not everyone can be Whitney Houston. Janet and Mya are some of my favorite singers but they certainly don't have the strongest voices. As long as you do have a voice and "stylize" your singing...and back it up with solid production and good song writing, I'm usually satisfied. I like some of Ashanti's stuff but I think I'd put her at the bottom the list. I am going to go back and listen 2 her Christmas album tho.' I almost popped it in yesterday. I remember getting my hands on an Ashanti song a couple years ago that was supposed to be on her latest album and thought it was a better song then most of the ones that made the cut.

Ashanti's albums weren't as good as they could have been. The only album is actualy listen too, next to her Christmas album, is The Declaration .I think not working with Irv improved her sound. I realy, realy like her Christmas album tho. I think it is very good, because most Christmas albums coming from R&B/Pop singers tend to be overproduced or at least close to it. Her isn't, it's realy basic and realy puts her in the spotlight. Her version of Silent Night and Joy To The World show that she has a beautiful voice.

I like Mariah new Christmas album too btw.

Edited by Turntable

Christina Milian is fine, that Dream is a fool, a million men including me would love to be with her, she ain't the greatest singer but I do like her songs....