JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

DMX IN JAIL AGAIN

JumpinJack AJ

Darn it...I don't even know what 2 say. GET IT FREAKIN' 2GETHER!!

---------------------------------------

Saturday 11/20/10

Rapper DMX back in Arizona jail after arrest
By BOB CHRISTIE

PHOENIX -Rapper DMX was arrested in Phoenix for investigation of violating probation by using drugs, authorities said. Court documents released Friday allege the 39-year-old performer used cocaine and OxyContin, failed to submit to drug testing, and drove on a suspended license.
DMX, whose real name is Earl Simmons, was arrested Thursday by Maricopa County probation officers and was being held without bond in the county jail.
His attorney, Glenn Allen, said he had been working with his client and probation officials and expected the arrest.
"It is very frustrating that the probation department would time it in such a way to violate Mr. Simmons right before the holiday and just a few weeks shy of the termination date of the probation," Allen said in an e-mail to The Associated Press. "Mr. Simmons has been working very hard and will overcome this setback."
Simmons was placed on probation last year after convictions for attempted aggravated assault for throwing a food tray at a jail guard, and theft for trying to using a fake name to avoid paying a $7,500 hospital bill.
He has completed probation for 2009 felony convictions for cruelty to animals and two drug counts.
Maricopa County adult probation officers went to Simmons' north Phoenix home Thursday to take him into custody. He also is accused of failing to participate in counseling programs and make required payments.
"He has been directed to treatment as well as chose his own treatment program and continues to use drugs following these opportunities," a probation officer wrote in a court document requesting that DMX be held without bond. "His ongoing drug use places him in great danger."
Simmons could face prison time because of his repeated probation violations, and officials will likely ask that his probation be revoked, said Zach Dal Pra, chief deputy of the county adult probation department.
Simmons' other legal troubles include pleading guilty in 2008 to attempted cocaine and marijuana possession in Miami, and pleading guilty in a 2004 incident in which he posed as an undercover federal agent and crashed his sport-utility vehicle through a security gate at New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport.
DMX recorded such hits as "Get At Me Dog" and "Party Up" in the 1990s. He also appeared in films including 2000's "Romeo Must Die" and 2003's "Cradle 2 the Grave."

Not again, just when I thought he was about to turn it around, I was listening to his "The Great Depression" album this week and was hoping that the next thing I heard about him would be about his new album.....

Edited by bigted

Kanye is avantgarde and for some people because of that a little difficult. He's an artist, I heard it happens. DMX is ****ed upped. You do not get ****ed upped because you use drugs, you use drugs because you are ****ed up. He hurts animals, he hurts people, he hurts himself and there realy is no excuse anymore. There is a diffrence between beeing a "douche" and between beeing a just plain screwed up, bad person like DMX is.

Edited by Turntable

yeah there's no excuse, as a fan it's hard to defend dmx anymore, we all say stupid things but what dmx is doing here is f'd up like turntable said, with that said there's a lot of high talented musicians and athletes who ruined their careers, i was hoping that dmx would be able to do what michael vick's doing in the nfl right now by rehibilating his career but it's gonna be harder to do that, at this point i just hope he's able to survive 'cause he seems like he's reached the deep end...

This shouldn't be a surprise. This guy hasn't been able to stay out of jail for more than a few months over the last 2 years. I like a lot of X's music, but he is a ****-up. There's no other way to put it. And for some reason or another, I'm sure he won't be getting the T.I. "free-pass" on this case.

Turntable is right on.

DMX is how old? Almost 40 right and he can't even be a man. Get your act together, its seriously not hard. Does anyone really care about DMX? He's in jail ...again, who cares.

I'd rather be a "douche" then to be messed up like he is. You know, you guys rip on Kanye and Jay-Z for being so arrogant and cocky...etc but you know what? They never get arrested, they never get caught with anything, they're never in the news for stupid ****. Do you know how retardrd you look when your in jail time after time for more stupid crap and yet you're preaching how your gonna release a Gospel album and how your a Christian and all this, and yes I'm having a field day right now with this because of all slack I took about Kanye. Yah, Kanye says stupid things but he doesn't do stupid things like DMX does.

I haven't heard all of DMXs music but I def. have a good idea, however he also has some garbage lyrics/songs too.

• 4 weeks later...

DMX Sentenced to 1 Year in Prison
Thursday December 16, 2010

And in today's episode of Rappers Behaving Badly, DMX has violated his probation and is due back in prison for a yearlong stint. According to a ruling issued by the Maricopa County Superior court, DMX (real name Earl Simmons) failed to submit to a drug test. Court documents also alleged that X drove on a suspended license. The rapper told a Phoenix TV station that he was thrown out of a drug treatment program because he had a drink at a Scottsdale club during a performance.

He was placed on probation last year following convictions for attempted aggravated assault and theft after he tried to use a fake name to avoid paying a $7,500 hospital bill.

http://rap.about.com/b/2010/12/16/dmx-sentenced-to-1-year-in-prison.htm

dmx is another wasted talent, he's like the bobby brown of rap

• 2 weeks later...

Kanye is avantgarde and for some people because of that a little difficult. He's an artist, I heard it happens. DMX is ****ed upped. You do not get ****ed upped because you use drugs, you use drugs because you are ****ed up. He hurts animals, he hurts people, he hurts himself and there realy is no excuse anymore. There is a diffrence between beeing a "douche" and between beeing a just plain screwed up, bad person like DMX is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHaiog9wnb8

and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa63soVCV2Y

i am not sure about that Turntable , i am just saying ... its aint that clear and its not black and white all the way

Edited by fresh_from_sofia