JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

KANYE WEST INTERVIEW

JumpinJack AJ

I know there are a lot of douche bag fans ...excuse me, Kanye fans here (lol). The link takes u 2 this article and a video of his appearance. It amuses me that Kanye can do and say whatever he wants and always comes off innocent in his own mind....YET gets mad when people bring up his immature twitter rants, accusations on other people, outbursts in airports, and the Taylor Swift thing (who he takes credit for her being the biggest selling artist because he wanted to be douche during her VMA win...even tho' she had already sold millions before that...?)...and after all this, he gets mad when other people share their mild and thought out opinions.

--------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.popeater.com/2010/11/11/kanye-west-today-show-twitter-rant/?icid=maing|main5|2|link2|24732

Matt Lauer on Kanye West's 'Today' Show Interview: 'Nothing Improper About It'

By Zach Dionne Posted Nov 11th 2010 12:45PM

Kanye West had a Twitter meltdown yesterday surrounding a taped appearance on the 'Today' show. This morning, we got to see what all the fuss was about.

In a fairly standard interview, Matt Lauer asks West about his "George Bush doesn't care about black people" line from 2005 and the Taylor Swift-VMA incident that got cries of racism flipped on Kanye himself.

While producers ran a clip of Kanye's microphone-grabbing stunt at the 2009 VMAs, the rapper stopped talking mid-sentence.

"Yo, how am I supposed to talk if you gonna run this thing in the middle, while I'm talking?" an affronted West asks. "Please don't let that happen again, it's like ridiculous."

Lauer stood by the interview in a closing segment, saying: "It's something we do every day -- when a guest is talking about an incident or a location, we run video of that," Lauer says. "There was nothing improper about it, nothing unusual about it whatsoever."

Earlier in the interview, Lauer asks Kanye to look at George Bush's face in a clip before responding. "I didn't need you guys to show me the tape in order to like prompt my emotion to what I'm going to say," a visibly flustered Kanye says. He also asks some people off camera to "be quiet for a second."

"I came here to say that I made mistakes, that I've grown as a person," West says. "It's not as easy as boxing someone into a villain role or a race role. I did not have enough information in that situation to call [bush] a racist."

"It sounds to me, not to oversimplify, what you're saying is, 'We're human, we make mistakes, but we have to learn from our mistakes,'" Lauer says. Kanye agrees.

Lauer closed on a conciliatory note: "We look forward to Kanye's return for a special live concert on the plaza on Friday, Nov. 26."

Yah Kanye definitely has some issues in the head - no doubt about that and he obviously loves to be this controversial attention-garnering pop icon. I dont know why people are talking about this 5 years later. Did Kanye talk out of his ass back in 2005? Yes he did, he definitely did. To call someone a racist with really no accurate information is a low blow. Bush has every right to be pissed 5 years later. I'm not saying however Bush was right regarding his handling of the Katrina mess but did it seem like more could've/should've been done quicker? Yes definitely but it still is no grounds to call someone a racist.

There are so many different viewpoints. To me, Bush was wrong for not doing anything quicker and Kanye was wrong for calling him a racist. The whole story is really stupid honestly.

Kanye has some personal problems/issues he really does need to work out. All that aside, the man is a musical genius. One thing Kanye did say to Matt Lauer is that even though he may say the wrong things, its coming from a good soul. Kanye does have alot of soul, you can hear it in his beats and in his lyrics. To quote Diamonds from Sierra Leone - "and who throws a tantrum like he is 3 years old/you gotta love it though, somebody still speak from their soul."

I could care less whatever Kanye says or does, I'm a fan of good music and he really does make some real good music.

I don't think that tho.' His days as a dope producer are long gone. He still produces a good song here and there but from 1998-2004ish was his time. Lyrically he's never been good for much other than a witty line or 2 in some of his songs. I don't find him deep. I think his voice and flow is annoying. My opinion of him has changed drastically since 2004/2005. I just can't stand him anymore. As far as I'm concerned he's as relevant as Lil' Wayne.

I'm with AJ on this one, between '98-'05 Kanye had potential to be one of the greats in hip hop but since then he's just another pop rapper, and as a person he's always seemed to be a douche to say the least, he's popular though 'cause there's a lot of negative people out there that support his attitude...

Kanye is crazy. But these songs hes been leaking out lately have some flavor on them. I think he is gonna bring lots of quality in this new album. We can just wait and see..

Some of his G.O.O.D fridays track may not have been up to par, but Graduation was a hot CD and even though 808 and Heartbreaks wasn't as good, he was going in a different direction. I think I'm prob the only big Kanye fan here. lol. I agree with you guys regarding who he is as a person but musically its a whole different story to me. No way is he even CLOSE to being in the same class as Lil Wayne. No way. Lil Wayne is trash, straight up. I think we can all agree on that but Kanye is incredible. Have you heard any of his new songs? Power? Runaway? Dont Look Down, Dont Stop (w Lupe and Pharrell)? Monster and So Appalled (where Jay "dissed" Hammer) were average. There's only a few mainstream wise that's bringing it and Kanye is one of them. Lil Wayne, Souljah Boy, Bow Wow, Jeezy, T-Pain...aren't.

At this point I could care less about what's "hot" on the mainstream level, when you compare Kanye to real rappers he falls short, Kanye works with most of those garbage rappers that you mentioned Jim btw, if he does some better work with real rappers like Common again then maybe I'll care... btw, I got more respect for mcs like Chuck D who say "F Bush" and back it up with intelligent dialogue more than Kanye who comes out like an idiot when he can't back what he says...

"Yo, how am I supposed to talk if you gonna run this thing in the middle, while I'm talking?" an affronted West asks. "Please don't let that happen again, it's like ridiculous."

The irony here is awesome.

I liked Kanye when he was getting started. The ego and working with wack rappers has killed him for me though.

Some of his G.O.O.D fridays track may not have been up to par, but Graduation was a hot CD and even though 808 and Heartbreaks wasn't as good, he was going in a different direction. I think I'm prob the only big Kanye fan here. lol. I agree with you guys regarding who he is as a person but musically its a whole different story to me. No way is he even CLOSE to being in the same class as Lil Wayne. No way. Lil Wayne is trash, straight up. I think we can all agree on that but Kanye is incredible. Have you heard any of his new songs? Power? Runaway? Dont Look Down, Dont Stop (w Lupe and Pharrell)? Monster and So Appalled (where Jay "dissed" Hammer) were average. There's only a few mainstream wise that's bringing it and Kanye is one of them. Lil Wayne, Souljah Boy, Bow Wow, Jeezy, T-Pain...aren't.

big fat word