JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

T.I back on Jail!

VIsqo

http://new.music.yahoo.com/t-i/news/ti-sentenced-to-11-months-in-prison--62006444

T.I. Sentenced to 11 Months in Prison
Yahoo! Music, Oct 15, 2010 7:00 pm PDT

T.I. was sentenced to 11 months in prison today after a judge revoked the rapper's probation following his arrest on drug charges in Los Angeles last month, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports. T.I., who was released from prison just eight months ago, after serving nearly a year behind bars on federal weapons charges, was on three years' probation as part of his initial plea bargain. Two days ago, T.I. helped police in convincing a suicidal man not to jump from a 22-floor Atlanta building, but the rapper's rescue, and the police's gratitude toward T.I. for assisting in the situation (one of the officers reportedly spoke at today's hearing), apparently did not factor into the judge's decision. T.I. was given two weeks to turn himself into authorities.

T.I. and his wife Tamika "Tiny" Cottle were arrested on September 1st after their Maybach was pulled over in Los Angeles. Police smelled pot coming from the vehicle, and a search of the car turned up multiple controlled substances. The rapper was charged with possessing ecstasy, testing positive for opiates and associating with a convicted felon.

T.I. has had his share of drug-related troubles in the past, including a 1998 arrest for breaking Georgia's controlled substance law and another probation violation over possession of marijuana. Yesterday he promised fans that his latest arrest would be his final misstep, telling CNN, "I'm tired, I'm wore out. I don't have the age, the energy, or just the attitude to move forward and continuing in this cycle in this ongoing process of destruction and disparity in my life. I've got too many depending on me and counting on me." T.I. was at work on his new album King Uncaged at the time of his arrest.

The reformatory system in this country sucks.. I think they should have given him more time in jail to see if he learns his lesson and others people use the example too.. I like T.I. but what was that all about?

I don't really have that much respect for T.I. no more

I never liked T.I. I never understood why people who aren't just commercial rap fans liked him. I think his dirty south flow is annoying. From what I heard, he actually does have subject matter to his songs, which is good but ultimately I've never liked his music. I hope he gets his life together.

I must say I miss the Tiny of Xscape vs. T.I.'s Tiny. Back in the 90's she was sweet, talented, cute, etc...now she's transformed into this ugly ghetto-mess. She she gets honest in interviews I see traces of there but otherwise she's like a whole other person.

Well you're right AJ about how he has to get his life together, I thought "Paper Trail" was showing that he was growing as a person and an artist but it seems that he's on a back track again...

http://www.rapbasement.com/ti/102510-rapper-ti-will-not-be-charged-after-being-arrested-while-on-parole.html

According to multiple sources, Atlanta rapper T.I. will not be charged after he and his wife were arrested in Los Angeles last month and was looking at facing 11 months in prison.

According to the Charge Evaluation Worksheet filed Monday morning (October 25) in Los Angeles, "D [defendant] is the driver of a car stopped for traffic violation. Deputy smells marijuana and searches car and occupants for source of odor. Deputy finds 4 pills of ecstasy in D's pants. Deputies also find marijuana in car and other narcotics in possession of one of the passengers. D is on federal probation in Georgia and has already been sentenced to 10 months [ed. 11 months] in prison for violation stemming from this arrest. Given amount of facts above, case rejected." (MTV)