JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The Banksy 'Simpsons' Intro That's Stirring Up Controversy

Ale

Last night, Simpsons fans were treated to a controversial and bleak extended intro, the brainchild of enigmatic U.K. graffiti artist Banksy.

The usual opening credits, which were occasionally graffito-tagged with Banksy's name, were followed by an extended sequence featuring Asian workers laboring over production of The Simpsons' animation and merchandise. We applaud the guts of the show's producers, but what was the point of shining the animated Emmy winner (and its network) in such a negative light?

WARNING: The below clip features children in toxic working conditions, kittens being killed to stuff Bart Simpson dolls, and a malnourished unicorn whose horn is used to punch the center of DVDs. Watch at your own risk

http://www.parade.com/news/have-you-seen-this/2010/10/11/banksy-simpsons-intro-stirring-up-controversy.html

I saw it on YouTube earlier today. I was interpreting it as them shedding light on how somethings are produced...including their own?!...I guess...lol. I like The Simpsons tho' I haven't watched a new episode on TV in over a decade. I guess the best way to describe it was interesting and a little awkward.

I usually watch the reruns of "The Simpsons" during weeknights, on Sunday nights they have football on so I miss the new episodes

I havent seen a new episode in years, but I always liked and enjoyed the reruns back in my country, the Latino Voices were even better than the original ones in English and thats something that hardly ever happens..