JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Eminem - Recovery

I didn't know Fat Joe even had a new album out. I've never been a big fan tho' I've liked some of this stuff. Certainly not some of the stuff I've heard in recent years tho.' He seems like he's selling out to what's popular.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a tough break for Fat Joe, I heard that album's one of his best in recent years, Eminem's album is hot but I hate the fact that people ignore the other artists out there

I'm not hating . There's Rihanna 2005 and then there's Rihanna 2010. Her new stuff is going to sound dated in 2 years and the message and soul of her music is ultimately absent. I can listen to her 1st 3 albums all the way thru'...the newest I have to make a mixtape mixing the better songs with her old ones for a solid listen.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lambertj3

I am an eminem fan but i got to say this he mostlety sells because he is white because no other black artist no matter how great an album will sell that many records in a week.

That's true, it's F'd up but it's a sad reality

I don't know if I agree with that at all. Let's be real. What other rappers and emcees out there are anything like Eminem (the good and the bad)? Whether it's half baked annoying gimmicks or legit songs with insanely creative wordplay, he's in a class all of his own. This Recovery album is one of the greatest things Hip-Hop has going for it right now. More than half of the songs are filled all the good things that he had when he 1st came out...comedy, emotion, and a twisted edge. The production is great on every track. He separated himself from D12 and G-Unit and brought more legit talent into the mix. And although I like Dr. Dre (most of the time), having Dre off of the board was the best thing that could happen. Em's sound was just stale. The same stuff was being recycled and it wasn't impressive. This new album is fresh, full of life, full of variety. It's better than all of the commercial rap albums out there and that's why it's getting crazy support. 2 years ago I was one of Eminem's biggest bashers...but he's fixed what was broken and he's returned to greatness.

I dont think he sells that much because he is white. The guy is talented, has a great record label, promotion, reputation, and respect all over the hip hop world. There are a lot of hip hop artists that are white and do not sell anything.

I think the whole being white thing was only a big deal in the beginning. Even then, it was before he got wrapped up in gimmicks and being annoying to get attention. Most emcees were giving him props early on because he was so original.

You're right AJ 'cause when I think about it actually that whole thing about him being a white rapper was a big deal in his early career but it's not really mentioned now... It don't bother me personally that much that this album's selling a lot 'cause like I said it's a hot album, the thing that bothers me more is that the other good albums by other artists are being slept on which is not his fault...

Guest lambertj3

Its a sad truth but his album sells like it does actuall due to two things hes white and whit people want someone in hip hop they can relate to and because he is so great on the mic.But I would have to disagree with ajhe is Not the only thing going for hip hop, you have Jay-z,50cent,Lupe Fiasco,B.O.B,Common,BigBoi,Andre 3000 and the like.And thats your opinion in saying he has brought legit talent back into hip hop becasue talent has always been there with the exception of a few like the talentless soulja boy

• 3 months later...

i'm with lambert, it's dilussional to say that eminem's the only good rapper in hip hop right now just cause he's the only one to go multiplatinum, that's the mentality of what's wrong these days, people focus on record sales more than good music, for instance i don't really give a damn that ll's "Exit 13" didn't sell much, i still think that he's a better rapper these days than eminem will ever be but with the state of the industry they'll probably put eminem in the hall of fame before ll, the truth is that i don't like eminem any better just 'cause his album sold 3X platinum, there's a bunch of albums that didn't even go gold over the past few years that're better, eminem will never be one of my favorites just 'cause he's the highest selling rapper ever