JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Eminem - Recovery

Well, them sales keep hip hop on the charts. And this was a good whenever a good rap album gets big sales like these, Im a happy man. Now, the album from minaj is Gold, and its crap. It didnt make me happy.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well there's more to hip hop than just eminem and kanye west, people should give other good rappers a chance too, i could go on and on about how many good albums/mixtapes are out there, you got a point about how it's better in that perspective that eminem and kanye are outselling nicki minaj and soulja boy but i want it to be like the golden era again when many good rappers go platinum and multiplatinum, the best time when I was listening to hip hop during middle school years to me and I could look on the charts between '96-98 and see LL Cool J/Fugees/Fresh Prince/DMX/Nas/Jay-Z/Foxy Brown/Outkast/ Rakim/even the Public Enemy "He Got Game" soundtrack and KRS' "I Got Next" went platinum,
then there was all that great r&b from Keith Sweat/Joe
/Brian Mcknight/Boyz II Men/Blackstreet/Dru Hill/Toni Braxton
/Babyface/702/Montell Jordan/Mariah/Mya/Brandy/Monica/even
En Vogue and New Edition had success...
I want those days back again and I want MTV to play all the dope videos again, they turned into emptv.... i'm a big michael jackson fan but in reality not many people wanted to listen to him right before he died and now they all love him again, fans are fickle....

Edited by bigted

Yeah.. Fans are crazy, but Music industry is like that and it wasnt the artists who changed hip hop to what it has become on the late years, it was the industry feeding the fans with whatever theyve been asking, namely ringtone music, autotune, electronic euro dance hip hop, pop-hop (however it is called lol) and all these types we have been seeing. People are just looking for what its hot in the moment. And the industry is gonna feed them just that until they are asking for something else. If u cant believe me check the problems of Clipse with Jive, LL with Def and Lupe with his label.

things in music in general started to get more watered down when record labels started promoting all this garbage out there, but in recent years with the internet a lot of the garbage isn't selling as much as it used to, i guess it's gonna take time, eminem and kanye having success i guess a step towards the right direction but more work needs to be done in getting other good stuff the proper promotion, the way that record labels have treated the great rappers like LL Cool J, Lupe Fiasco, abd the Clipse is disgusting... Bottomline, if LL Cool J had the type of promotion that Lil' Wayne has had over the past few years then he'd sell at least twice as much as Lil' Wayne has sold 'cause the truth is that LL been there and done that, none of Lil' Wayne's albums sold as much as "Mr. Smith", none of Kanye's albums have sold as much as Will's "Big Willie Style" either, good stuff can sell, i believe if somebody made a groundbreaking album that it could sell twice as much as what eminem sold too if it had the type of promotion 'cause eminem did release a good album but let's be real it's not an all time classic, it's just like when outkast put out that creative double album and outsold 50 Cent/Ja Rule/Eminem/everything out in the early 2000s to become the greatest selling hip hop album, good music will sell if it's promoted, people think hip hop's dead 'cause they see the crap that the record labels promote and don't know that there's good music underneath the surface....