Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Album releases for June 2010

VIsqo

http://rap.about.com/od/rapreleasedates/tp/TopRapAlbumsJune2010.htm

Top 10 New Rap Albums - June 2010
10 hip-hop albums to check for this month

By Henry Adaso, About.com Guide

10. Pastor Troy - 'Attitude Adjuster 2'

Either Pastor Troy has a lot to get off his chest or he signed a very bad contract. Troy has been consistently putting out 3 albums/year since 2008. Attitude Adjuster 2 is his third installment this year, following February's Strictly for My Soldiers and May's Zero Tolerance.

Release Date: Jun 15, 2010

9. Chali2Na - 'Fish Market 2'

Chali 2Na is back on the saddle with the second installment of his Fish Market series. Fish Market Part 2 is a collaboration with DJ Dez Andres (of Slum Village fame) in a classic pairing of MC and DJ. (Remember those?) The two combine to create an album that plays like a mixtape.

Release Date: June 8, 2010

8. Rhymefest - 'El Che'

Originally slated for release in May, Grammy-winning MC Rhymefest decided to delay his sophomore album, El Che, till June. It features production from beatsmiths Scram Jones, S1, BKS, and Terry Hunter. The 16 track opus also boasts guest appearances from Little Brother, Saigon, Glen Lewis, and fellow Chicago emcee Twone Gabz.

7. Z-Ro - 'Heroin'

Heroin carries on Z-Ro's addiction to drug-obsessed album themes. His last two were Crack and Cocaine respectively. Ro has been dabbling in production lately and Heroin boasts more self-produced songs.

Release Date: June 22, 2010

6. Nappy Roots - 'The Pursuit of Nappyness'

The Nappy Roots deserve props for having made it this far with relatively no drama, given that rap crews are fast becoming an extinct species right now. The Pursuit of Nappyness is the Kentucky rap outfit's most honest work to date, according to group members. Says Skinny Deville: "The new album features a lot of natural elements like we did on Watermelon, Chicken & Grits. It’s acoustic and has that live and organic instrumentation feel to it."

5. Diddy/Dirty Money - 'Last Train to Paris'

Diddy describes Last Train to Paris as an "electro-hip-hop-soul funk" album. He was inspired by his work with Felix da Housecat, Erick Morillo, Deep Dish, DJ Hell. The album's cinematic arc follows Diddy's character as he tours from London to Paris and finds the woman of his dreams - only to lose her, find her, lose her again and find her again. Dirty Money is comprised of Diddy, Dawn Richard of Danity Kane and singer/writer Kalenna Harper.

4. Jeezy - 'Thug Motivation 103'

Thug Motivation 103 is Jeezy's fourth solo entry and his first under the new, Young-less moniker. His first three albums reached Gold certification status at the very least. I expect TM 103 to follow suit. Of course Lil Wayne is on this album. Every rap album released in 2010 is required to have a Wayne verse.

3. The Roots - 'How I Got Over'

How much the Jimmy Fallon gig really affect The Roots' sound? We'll find out on How I Got Over, the group's 11th album in a career that spans a remarkable 23 years.

2. Drake - 'Thank Me Later'

Drake's main struggle on his debut was finding a balance between his R&B persona and his MC persona. He seems to be most comfortable when he's harmonizing and that's not always a good look in hip-hop, a genre once dominated by gritty, in-your face rhyme slingers. Fortunately for the Canadian rap-singer, Thank Me Later, is heavy on guests, including bigwig lyricists like Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, and T.I.

1. Eminem - 'Recovery'
"Eminem - Recovery"© Interscope

Eminem is doing a couple things differently on Recovery. For starters, he's sought out other producers besides Dre. Boi-1da laced the beat for Recovery's lead single "Not Afraid," while DJ Khalil contributed two songs to the playlist. Similarly, this is the first time we've seen Em share airtime with artists that he would've been dissing 10 years ago: Rihanna, Pink, and Lil Wayne.

The Roots and Rhymefest albums are the only ones this month I'm checking for, most of these rappers are weak

Drake's album got leaked and still everybody around my house is saying that it will beat Eminem on sales on the first week... I guess is good to have 13 year old girls by ur side huh? lol

http://rap.about.com/od/rapreleasedates/tp/TopRapAlbumsJune2010.htm

Top 10 New Rap Albums - June 2010

10 hip-hop albums to check for this month

By Henry Adaso, About.com Guide

10. Pastor Troy - 'Attitude Adjuster 2'

Either Pastor Troy has a lot to get off his chest or he signed a very bad contract. Troy has been consistently putting out 3 albums/year since 2008. Attitude Adjuster 2 is his third installment this year, following February's Strictly for My Soldiers and May's Zero Tolerance.

Release Date: Jun 15, 2010

9. Chali2Na - 'Fish Market 2'

Chali 2Na is back on the saddle with the second installment of his Fish Market series. Fish Market Part 2 is a collaboration with DJ Dez Andres (of Slum Village fame) in a classic pairing of MC and DJ. (Remember those?) The two combine to create an album that plays like a mixtape.

8. Rhymefest - 'El Che'

Originally slated for release in May, Grammy-winning MC Rhymefest decided to delay his sophomore album, El Che, till June. It features production from beatsmiths Scram Jones, S1, BKS, and Terry Hunter. The 16 track opus also boasts guest appearances from Little Brother, Saigon, Glen Lewis, and fellow Chicago emcee Twone Gabz.

7. Z-Ro - 'Heroin'

Heroin carries on Z-Ro's addiction to drug-obsessed album themes. His last two were Crack and Cocaine respectively. Ro has been dabbling in production lately and Heroin boasts more self-produced songs.

6. Nappy Roots - 'The Pursuit of Nappyness'

The Nappy Roots deserve props for having made it this far with relatively no drama, given that rap crews are fast becoming an extinct species right now. The Pursuit of Nappyness is the Kentucky rap outfit's most honest work to date, according to group members. Says Skinny Deville: "The new album features a lot of natural elements like we did on Watermelon, Chicken & Grits. It’s acoustic and has that live and organic instrumentation feel to it."

5. Diddy/Dirty Money - 'Last Train to Paris'

Diddy describes Last Train to Paris as an "electro-hip-hop-soul funk" album. He was inspired by his work with Felix da Housecat, Erick Morillo, Deep Dish, DJ Hell. The album's cinematic arc follows Diddy's character as he tours from London to Paris and finds the woman of his dreams - only to lose her, find her, lose her again and find her again. Dirty Money is comprised of Diddy, Dawn Richard of Danity Kane and singer/writer Kalenna Harper.

4. Jeezy - 'Thug Motivation 103'

Thug Motivation 103 is Jeezy's fourth solo entry and his first under the new, Young-less moniker. His first three albums reached Gold certification status at the very least. I expect TM 103 to follow suit. Of course Lil Wayne is on this album. Every rap album released in 2010 is required to have a Wayne verse.

3. The Roots - 'How I Got Over'

1. Eminem - 'Recovery'

"Eminem - Recovery"© Interscope

Roots, Eminem, Chali2Na, Rhymefest, Z-Ro, Diddy.. I'll most likely check all of these out, I'll probably buy some too..

Im not a fan of the Roots but I will give them a listen when my friend buys the cd (he a major fan).. I wont be buying that last train to paris cd though.. I will check Eminem out since is the only album there that I know deep inside that I might buy..