JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

B.o.B

DevilsJim89

What do you guys think of B.o.B? He's gaining my attention, his flow is pretty good and he can rap, sing, play guitar and piano I believe. I'm sure some of you heard his hit "Nothin on You". I recently saw him open up for Lupe Fiasco in Atlantic City and he was surprisingly really good for a new artist.

Nothin on You
YouTube | B.o.B - Nothin on You

I'll be in the Sky..
YouTube | B.o.B - I'll Be in the Sky

New album comes out on April 28 - The Adventures of Bobby Ray

Edited by DevilsJim89

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah B.O.B. is really talented, I'm gonna check out that album

I been listening to him for a while now. He also has this airplanes song with eminem that he leaked from his new album, and the remix of nothin on u with big boi is even better than the original one. I heard he is a part of T.I's record laber Grand Hustle..

He's nice but there are better new cats out there

Just like the ones you mentioned in that "Check these MCs Out: New School, But True School" thread, there's a lot of talent out there right now

Yeah, I'm definitely interested in this guy. "Nothin' On You" is the song that grabbed my attention. He definitely has an appriciation for music which is something most rappers these days don't. The other song reminds me of an Andre 3000 song that has strayed a bit less from it's Hip-Hop foundation. I'll be following this guy. He is better than every other rapper getting attention right now...hands down.

In my opinion, maybe. I need to hear the album. Eminem's next album is really gonna show a lot of fans where he's at as an artist. Jay-Z...I like his 2005 stuff better than his 1998-2005 stuff. He's hit or miss with me.

Yeah Eminem's next album is make or break, most of his stuff in the last 10 years ain't that great, his last album showed some signs of turning around but the constant voice changing he does recently annoys me

Tell me about it, the voice mocking and the change of flow is my biggest concern with his last album, But his last collabo's have been really good, so this may bring something.. Besides, he changed the name of the album to the recovery, maybe he is recovering his flow!

XXL gave his album an XL rating:

Beats: XL
Lyrics: L
Originality: XL

B.o.B’s path to success was not without its false starts, but thanks to his breakthrough single, “Nothin’ On You,” the Atlanta rapper finally gets the chance to detail his journey on his long-awaited debut, The Adventures of Bobby Ray. Utilizing his duel talents (rapping and singing) B.o.B reveals the thoughts of a musician trying to make it in the music industry.

The voyage begins on the album’s melodramatic intro track, “Don’t Let Me Fall,” where B.o.B uses a rock-tinged production effort to plead for help as he attempts to live out his dreams. It peaks on the hopeful “Airplanes,” (Check for Eminen’s scene-stealing verse on Part II of the cut) as the rapper teams up with Paramore singer Hayley Williams to remember the days before he had a record contract. And over the ominous keys of the self-produced “Ghost of the Machine,” Bobby Ray sings about struggling to find his place in the world. “Where am I supposed to go and who am I supposed to believe?” he croons. “If only you knew what I knew, then you could see just what I see.”

B.o.B’s eclectic approach on pop-friendly efforts like the Dr. Luke-produced “Magic,” featuring Rivers Cuomo, and experimental songs like the guitar-plucking “Lovelier Than You,” likely won’t appeal to fans of his early work. But he also demonstrates that he’s still more than capable of holding his own lyrically alongside revered wordsmith Lupe Fiasco on “Past My Shades.” Likewise, he’s slick enough to trade verse with Grand Hustle boss T.I. on the braggadocios “Bet I.”

While Adventures of Bobby Ray is B.o.B’s story, the feeling he conjures makes it easy to relate. It’s safe to say this genre-blending debut is a step in the right direction for the young rap star. —Chris Yuscavage

That's like saying 4 mics out of 5