JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will and Kel n them killin it out there

Hero1

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take an unreleased song that they did together if there is one that exists, btw when is Kel gonna release an official album? It's about time Kel gets to the top of the game, it's nice that he makes mixtapes but it's about time to make bigger moves....

Edited by bigted

Kel had a proper album to drop back in 2007/8 through BBE but it just never happened. I'd assume there is still a chance of that surfacing at some-point 'cos otherwise you'd think Kel would have given that away for free by now.

Yeah that was around the time he made a video for "The Building" which had some internet buzz but I guess not enough for him to get that album out, btw I left a message on his Facebook page saying that he needs to put an album out and I notice it's not there now LOL... The reason why people recognise popular rappers like Lil' Wayne is that they put out a million songs at once to get noticed(although you could argue that most of those songs are garbage), if Kel does the same thing he'll be popular too...

Edited by bigted

I remember Kel saying that he doesn't see making albums as the way to go. People aren't really interested in albums nowadays. Its more about the mixtapes, singles, projects etc!

I was looking forward to the 'One Way' album! Sounded real good!

Real music lovers still want albums. An album is an artform.

Its this damn Ipod Mp3/download generation that are ruining this art-form by just wanting songs and not albums.

It pisses me off :hissyfit:

The internet's the gift and the curse, I mean that it's great that more artists could get attention but it sucks how the MP3 killed the art of a classic album

a lot of people just buy albums these days to hear the singles

Real music lovers still want albums. An album is an artform.

Its this damn Ipod Mp3/download generation that are ruining this art-form by just wanting songs and not albums.

It pisses me off :hissyfit:

I agree, i still buy actual CD's. It takes up a lot of room but im keeping that music for life. If i like an artist i buy their album and listen to the whole thing.

It depens on what kind of artist you are. Kel is not Yung Joc, Kel is more like Skyzoo and there is a diffrence between what people buy from Skyzoo and what they buy from Young Joc. Artists like Young Joc are single artists, they make songs for the radio and for the clubs, not for albums. People that buy music from MCs like Skyzoo however are most likely to buy albums cause he is album artist, if you know what I mean. Kel might still have the illusion that he will be Will Smith one day, but he should be happy if he'll ever make it to AZ.