• Jill Scott
    • Aaliyah
    • Faith Evans
    • Ms. Dynamite
    • Ashanti
    • Beyonce
    • Brandy
    • other - who ?

I do agree that Lil' Kim has gotten better over the years. I still don't like her tho.' She came out all slutty. Then all the plastic surgery. I just can't take her serious. And her voice really annoys me. That's why I was confused with Foxy started trying to rhyme like her. She still had better production and subject matter but her voice and flow just got annoying. I love Erykah Badu's early stuff. She can rhyme also but her last 2 studio albums just weren't that good 2 me (especially her most recent). I have to respect her branching out, but at this rate, I won't be buying her albums anymore unless she takes steps back towards what her earlier work was like. When hearing some of Mary J. Blige's new stuff, I think some of it is really good...and then some of it is effected by the crap on the radio. When I heard Brandy rapping on Timbaland's new album under the name Bran' Nu, I was surprised as to how good she can rap. And with Left Eye's doctored album from last year "Eye Legacy," I hate that they twisted up song titles and gave her crap-production for the most part. Her family just needed 2 release Supernova as a special edition with unreleased stuff...not doctored to make it sound like the crap on the radio with a bunch of guest artists added on later.

Yeah it's Jean Grae, she's on "The Return Of The Magnificent" album...Btw, when it comes to wack female rappers, that Nicki Minaj is one of the worst rappers I ever heard, and she signed to Lil' Wayne's label, go figure, she makes Lil' Kim sound like Rakim, lol...Now Salt-N-Pepa's "Very Necessary" is one of the greatest albums ever by anybody....

Edited by bigted

Yeah I posted that 2006 BET Cypha on this board, Remy killed it along with everyone else on that track....

Remy Ma is another one that i think is awful.

I think that one of the female emcees that definitely deserves props is Da Brat. Her production has gotten weaker over the years, but in my opinion, she's one of the few female emcees that can hang with the fellas. She was darn near like Snoop's lil' sister when she came out. She can race a rhyme faster than most emcees and she's stayed true 2 herself over the years.

Yeah it's Jean Grae, she's on "The Return Of The Magnificent" album...Btw, when it comes to wack female rappers, that Nicki Minaj is one of the worst rappers I ever heard, and she signed to Lil' Wayne's label, go figure, she makes Lil' Kim sound like Rakim, lol...Now Salt-N-Pepa's "Very Necessary" is one of the greatest albums ever by anybody....

nicki did aight on the cypher this year btw

Yeah Dabrat should have been mentioned here.. Also dont know how could yall forget my girl Charli Baltimore!!!! I was reading another post in which we were talking about life if Biggie was still alive, and I think Charli Baltimore would have exceded most of these female rappers if teamed up with Biggie and Jay Z as it was originally planned. And that girl can seriously spit some lyrics...

One of my favorite songs is that song Da Brat did with Biggie "On The 'B' Side" on the "Bad Boys" soundtrack