JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Movement on Bad Boys III

Radewart

Bad news..

Transformers 3: July 1st, 2011

Well its official: We have a great Transformers 3 story. The release date is now July 1st 2011. Not 2012.

Today is Day One. This morning started with an ILM meeting for five hours in San Francisco. Currently I'm flying with writer Ehren Kruger to Rhode Island to talk to Hasbro about new characters.

P.S. Megan Fox, welcome back. I promise no alien robots will harm you in any way during the production of this motion picture. Please consult your Physician when working under my direction because some side effects can occur, such as mild dizziness, intense nausea, suicidal tendencies, depression, minor chest hair growth, random internal hemorrhaging and inability to sleep. As some directors may be hazardous to your health, please consult your Doctor to determine if this is right for you.

Pain and Gain is right after shooting of Trans 3.

Michael

http://www.michaelbay.com/newsblog/newsblog.html

-----

I guess this means no 'Bad Boys 3' until.. 2015? :relieved:

Edited by Ale

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Can Jerry Bruckheimer Pull Off 'Bad Boys III'?

Producer extraordinaire has mounted staggering productions, including the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise. His biggest task might be mounting a third Bad Boys film. Not only did the first film make movie stars out of Will Smith and Martin Lawrence, but now even the director is a star.

Bad Boys was Michael Bay's first film. He came back for Bad Boys II but that was before another franchise got its hooks in him.

"It depends on his schedule," Bruckheimer said. "We love Michael. We'd like him to do it but he's kind of swallowed up with Transformers. Maybe the timing will work out right for it."

Gosh, it sounds like getting megastars Smith and Lawrence back will be the easy part. "They're involved," Bruckheimer confirmed.

Source: http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2010/01/11/can_jerry_bruckheimer_pull_off_bad_boys_

I'm a little bit confused about the Bad Boys news.

Will Smith: We need BB3.

Michael Bay: We (Martin, Will+ himself) are too expensive.

Jerry Bruckheimer: That's Sony, not me.

... Sony hires writer.

Jerry Bruckheimer: Bay is quite busy.

And the end it will be...

Martin Lawrence demands the same payment as Will and the project will get cancelled.

• 1 month later...

Martin Lawrence only makes flops after BB 2.

With "Wild Hogs" came the first Top Movie for Lawrence.

He earned max. 5-10 Million $ with this... so i really dont believe that lawrence are so crazy to say: I want that 20 Million that Smith became.

Thats not true.. He made Big Mommas House 2 and he made some nice independent comdies

• Members

Martin Lawrence only makes flops after BB 2.

With "Wild Hogs" came the first Top Movie for Lawrence.

He earned max. 5-10 Million $ with this... so i really dont believe that lawrence are so crazy to say: I want that 20 Million that Smith became.

Thats not true.. He made Big Mommas House 2 and he made some nice independent comdies

Yes thats true! I forgot Big Momma´s House 2.

But he earned not more than 5-10 Million in this movie too. For every Sequel he became maybe a lil bit more. But I think not more than 10 Million!

Smith - 20 Million $

Bay - 20 Million $

Lawrence - 12 Million $ (i think its realistic)

===

Thats more than 50 Million $

BB2 cost 130 Million $ and earn worldwide 270 Million $

BB1 cost 20 Million $ and earn wordwide 140 Millon $

in BB1 earn Lawrence more than Smith... 2 Million $ Smith, 3 Million $ Lawrence

In BB2 earn Smith more than Lawrence.... 20 Million $ + 20% Gross Smith, over 10 Million $ Lawrence

Every next Movie cost more than before.

So BB3 became a Budget like 150-200 Million $... it MUST be running (hopefully)

• 2 months later...

Martin Lawrence Says 'Bad Boys 3' Talk Is 'Really Real'

'I got Big Willie to come down and see me about the movie,' Lawrence tells MTV News about co-star Will Smith.

n 1995, "Bad Boys" made Will Smith, Martin Lawrence and director Michael Bay household names. Eight years later, the men returned triumphant for "Bad Boys II," an explosive sequel that felt like a coronation of three Hollywood superstars. Now, after another seven years, Lawrence said the "Boys" are back in town — and that talk of another sequel is very real.

"It's real realistic," the comedian revealed to MTV News recently, addressing rumors that he'll re-team with Bay and the former Fresh Prince once again. "We've talked about 'Bad Boys 3.' "

When he made the original film, Bay was a video director looking to break through in Hollywood; now, he oversees massive productions of films like the "Transformers" movies. Back in 1995, Will Smith was slowly overcoming his teen-oriented-rapper stigma as the "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" TV show was winding down and small movies like "Six Degrees of Separation" were earning him decent reviews; nowadays, he is arguably the most bankable movie star in the world.

Some would wonder why outlandish-but-effective detectives Mike Lowery and Marcus Burnett would pop up again now, when the "Bad Boys" talents each have successful careers of their own (Lawrence just opened "Death at a Funeral" this past weekend). According to Martin, however, the time to reunite is now.

"Any time you can get Big Willie to come out and talk about doing a third installment of a hot movie like 'Bad Boys,' you have to take notice," Lawrence explained. "I met with Michael Bay, and he said he's onboard too — so it's real."

Writer Peter Craig is putting together a script for Columbia, and the "Bad Boys" team is ready. "I got Big Willie to come down and see me about the movie. I felt special," Lawrence said of a visit Smith paid to his friend recently to talk about getting the band back together, adding that at this point, the green light is in the hands of the franchise producer. "We're just waiting on Jerry Bruckheimer to let us know when it's really real."

Watch Video!

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1637489/story.jhtml