JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Black Thought Defuses Will Smith “Feud” Before It Starts

Jin

I think Black Thought made a good point there, Will did a lot to represent Philly over the years in hip hop but there's no question he coulda done more with the status that he had and hip hop as a whole would be in a better place right now if he woulda tried to help real up and coming mcs get a shot in the game we wouldn't have all this wack junk out right now, if Will didn't want to rap anymore now he coulda opened up a bridge for real mcs to get in the game instead of it being like it is now, there's a lot of real mcs out there that deserve to shine, personally I'm tired of seeing these sucker mcs blow up and make millions while the real ones have to stay on the underground

1. Why should Will help upcoming MC's, when most cats don't respect or ignore his contributions to rap music?

2. If there is someone he should help to get in mainstream, he have to at least have some similarities with him music or characterwise. Just as Dr. Dre supports just gangsta rap, it would not make sense for him to support Nick Cannon.

3. Mention some young talented Philly MC! Most of them talk the usual ****...guns,cars, money, hoes and love to cuss! I think hip hops capitol is nowadays chicago with talented young rappers like Lupe Fiasco or Gemini.

I think Black Thought made a good point there, Will did a lot to represent Philly over the years in hip hop but there's no question he coulda done more with the status that he had and hip hop as a whole would be in a better place right now if he woulda tried to help real up and coming mcs get a shot in the game we wouldn't have all this wack junk out right now, if Will didn't want to rap anymore now he coulda opened up a bridge for real mcs to get in the game instead of it being like it is now, there's a lot of real mcs out there that deserve to shine, personally I'm tired of seeing these sucker mcs blow up and make millions while the real ones have to stay on the underground

1. Why should Will help upcoming MC's, when most cats don't respect or ignore his contributions to rap music?

2. If there is someone he should help to get in mainstream, he have to at least have some similarities with him music or characterwise. Just as Dr. Dre supports just gangsta rap, it would not make sense for him to support Nick Cannon.

3. Mention some young talented Philly MC! Most of them talk the usual ****...guns,cars, money, hoes and love to cuss! I think hip hops capitol is nowadays chicago with talented young rappers like Lupe Fiasco or Gemini.

1-That statement's false, Will's very much respected for his contributions to the rap community, especially since "Lost and Found" came out, many known mcs in hip hop you could think of like Nas, Jay-Z, Rhymefest, CL Smooth, The Game, Fat Joe, Common, LL Cool J, Chuck D, Ice T, Kool Moe Dee, Rakim, and The Roots have given Will props in interviews and songs

2-That's a valid point, I feel the same way, there are plenty of true mcs on the underground level that Will could have chemistry with

3-What about all those young talented Philly mcs that Jazzy Jeff works with like Black Ice, Twone Yabz, and Dave Ghetto? Like Jazzy Jeff mentioned in interviews there's plenty of dope music out there but the radio only plays the same 10 wack songs every day and you might not know it, definately agree that since Kanye came along there's been more rappers from Chicago blowing up that're dope, there's still alot of dope music from many regions out there still though, like Rakim once said it ain't where ya from it's where ya at, real hip hop could never die

1-That statement's false, Will's very much respected for his contributions to the rap community, especially since "Lost and Found" came out, many known mcs in hip hop you could think of like Nas, Jay-Z, Rhymefest, CL Smooth, The Game, Fat Joe, Common, LL Cool J, Chuck D, Ice T, Kool Moe Dee, Rakim, and The Roots have given Will props in interviews and songs

To Bigted:

You forgot about Joe Budden!

when have they done that? you got any source for the interviews and songs?

A lot of these interviews and songs were posted right here on this forum many times, I brought a lot of that stuff to this forum myself as well, you could dig through some my old posts and find 'em, there's countless others I didn't mention that gave Will props, he got more credability than these radio rappers put together these days, yeah Joe Budden's dope, he reps 'Jersey well btw, I remember that he mentioned Will being a legend in a song where he dissed Jay-Z last year... Will should release another album with dope collabs like what he did on "Willenium", a mixture of up and coming and veteran guest appearances, this time release the dope tracks as singles though, imagine how big Kel could be at this point if "Uhhh" had an official video, it'd been huge...