JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

50 Forced Off Stage In Reading (England)

Guest Prince

Guest Prince
Not that I was there, but this is what I've heard...

Every year at Reading (England, UK) they seem to book an act so the rock kids can throw stuff at them. Why do people set themselves up for it? It's not like he needs money so what was his thinking of by being at a rock festival?!

Having already seen The Rasmus bottled off (drink bottles being thrown) after 1 song it was always going to be a bit ropey, and 50 Cent was getting booed at every opportunity. When he finally moved off stage he got probably the biggest cheer from the crowd of the weekend. His fatal mistake was when he picked up a couple of bottles and threw them back - talk about opening the floodgates... Someone even threw a chair at him...

So what do y'all think about this? :thumb:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! U never hear about FP, LL, Rakim, Run-DMC, and so on getting booed...only commercial artists that suck. Jeff drinkes alot of juice straight from bottles...maybe he waz there. :roll:

Were any peaches thrown?? Edited by JumpinJack AJ

The funny thing is...Run-DMC spent most of their later years performing for audiences that came 2 see the other headliners where were rock bands and they got mad love. Also, Salt-N-Pepa and Arrested Development did Woodstock and got love from the audience who came 2 see all those rock and alternative groups that were performing. I just think fans of other music styles realize trash when they see it.

I waz working 2nite (at the mall) and i saw 2 14 year old boys walking around with G-Unit shirts on. 1st off, they looked some some cheap shirts, no design or creativity 2 them. Anyways, i just wanted 2 walk up 2 them and smack them in the head. Then i'd ask them what's wrong with them and walk them down 2 the music store and load their arms up with JJ+FP, LL, Run-DMC, Eric B. + Rakim, De La Soul, A Tribe Called Quest, Queen Latifah, MC Lyte, and Brand Nubian CDs. I'd tell them 2 buy them and stop growing up being suburban white kids who think that they hardcore and foolin' people with their cheap-lookin', oh-so-gangsta G-Unit shirts.

What the heck dose Gurilla Unit stand 4 anyway??!?! Maybe it's short for Gurilla-Faced Unit cuz those 3 guys are mad ugly and look like they've been chasin' parked cars all their lives. Edited by JumpinJack AJ

Yeh i had friends who went to Readin this year.

50 Cent really didn't belong there, its not cos the UK don't like him its just he didn't fit in with the scene. They have Rap acts nearly every year, Jurrasic 5 played but went down well, and even Eminem & D12 played in 2001 and went down ok

I saw Run DMC there in 2001 and they went down really well.

50 should have really thought about this one more.

Guest lambertj3
those idiots wouldn't know good music if it slapped them in the face they apparently only like wack artist, ggg-unit, and aj stop hating u know u love my homeboys hah!

[quote=lambertj3,Sep 2 2004, 06:42 PM]those idiots wouldn't know good music if it slapped them in the face they apparently only like wack artist, ggg-unit, and aj stop hating u know u love my homeboys hah![/quote]
Watch your mouth man, those so called idiots are my friends.

He shouldn't have belonged on the bill anyway cos its prodominantley a Rock festival and if they were gonna have a rap act they shud have had a more underground or old skool group that would have gone down better with the fans.

Hence Jurrasic 5 & Run DMC going down well there before.

Guest lambertj3
do you know everyone there personally? it dosen't make sense if eminem co go down well why cant 50 they are both rap acts dosen't make sense. so are you saying more underground acts only go well vs commercial artist?