JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Methodman Thinks Soulja Boy is Garbage

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares? Why are this so called legends dissing a 17 year old kid? Because he is selling records and they don't? What people expect should he portray some fake gangsta **** like them??? Mostly southern and westcoast music is mindless and catchy music without message! Back in the day you had Kriss Kross and Vanilla Ice, now you have Soulja Boy and 50 cent.

Who cares? Why are this so called legends dissing a 17 year old kid? Because he is selling records and they don't? What people expect should he portray some fake gangsta **** like them??? Mostly southern and westcoast music is mindless and catchy music without message! Back in the day you had Kriss Kross and Vanilla Ice, now you have Soulja Boy and 50 cent.

so you are against method man, snoop, ice-t and in support of souja boy, flo rida, jim jones and people like that?

Edited by Mike

they diss em cause they're a disgrace to music, theres no longer creativity...you comparin Vanilla Ice with Soulja???..man Vanilla was wacky..but definately SOulja and these new artist are takin wackness to the next level...things are supossed to be better as time passes..not worse :S

Meth sounded on point, but then he threw in a Lil' Wayne compliment right next to a Nas one. It's like all these old school guys are feel like they gotta give Wayne props just to stay relevant themselves. I hate that. Get your Lil' Wayne compliments out of my peanut butter.

God Blessa!

Edited by Silver Tiger

out of your peanut butter? lol.. Im just not cool with people dissin the kid without doing anything else good for rap music. When Will decided to go against gansta rap he was at least bringing us new and good music. Ice T, Method man, etc are not..

Who cares? Why are this so called legends dissing a 17 year old kid? Because he is selling records and they don't? What people expect should he portray some fake gangsta **** like them

phaha lol man if Meth wonts to sell he will and why the only other way have to be fake gangsta s*** ?!

VIsqo , man for the defo. i prefer hip hop legends to not make new stuff if its gonna be like soulja:D damn haha and about Meth not doin' anything else good for rap music .. the man did dope concert here and a tour and it was off the chain,he said back then he will record with Red and they will be back here + new movie of How High and if that's aint good for rap music - i dont know what is ...

Edited by fresh_from_sofia

they diss em cause they're a disgrace to music, theres no longer creativity...you comparin Vanilla Ice with Soulja???..man Vanilla was wacky..but definately SOulja and these new artist are takin wackness to the next level...things are supossed to be better as time passes..not worse :S

I totally agree. For about 10 years, i thought Vanilla Ice was as wack as it could ever get. But when all these dirty south rappers started getting really popular in like 2002, i waz like "WoW!!"...cuz they actually make Vanilla Ice looks pretty darn good. If i had 2 choose one artist 2 listen 2 for the rest of my life and my choices were Vanilla Ice, Lil' Wayne, 50 Cent, Soulja Boy, Webbie, Lil' Scrappy, Lil' Jon, Boosie, Plies, etc....i'd be choosing Vanilla Ice.