JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

I SAW JAY-Z AND MARY J LAST NITE

I know I haven't been around much but I figure I'd share this with you guys

So last nite I went to the Heart of the City tour at Boardwalk Hall, in Atlantic City, NJ. The arena is small, about 5000 seats. We paid for $65 (rounded out to 80 each with stupid fees and all that crap) and it was the last row of the top deck, dead center. It wasn't bad but then a guy came along and gave us (and other people up there who got there early I guess) and upgraded us to almost floor seats, dead center.

It was suppose to be at 730 but it got pushed back to 830 because it wasnt soldout I believe. It eventually got to almost packed crowd, but still some empty rows and what not. Real suprising. They were backed by a live band which automatically makes rap music so much better. Anyway. I cant remember the exact tracklisting since there was so many but the both started it off with "Cant Knock the Hustle" , next Mary did her thing for an hour. WOW! Mary is a hell of a performer. She brings it to the table and goes to whole extra mile. At some point she did "Real Love" but the remix which has vocals from Biggie which Jay performed which was insanee. Mary did her thing some more than Jay came out!

Jay-Z is so funny. The way he talks, his voice its just so amusing. He did all his hit songs and some others. He did a little bit of medley songs like "Feelin It", "Brooklyn High", "Money aint a thang" ..then Mary came out and they did "Aint No Love(Heart of the City) and ended it with "You're All Welcome" ..what a hell of a performance. What a team. Both are absolutely beautiful performers.