JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

FATHER MC!

DevilsJim89

I was downloading a lot of old-school rap the past few nights and I came across Father MC more specifically "Ill Do 4 You" ..wow man, hes not the most talented lyricist but damn his production is dope. I LOVE when rappers use like old disco/ r&b samples and tunes from the past. Anyone else like him? Definitely a rapper for the ladies.

Yeah, i waz kinda in2 Father MC back in the day. After his hay day, i got more in2 his stuff. His stuff from Uptown records is the illest. If u like the Uptown sound, Heavy D and the New Jack Swing sound, u'll love Father MC. I have some of his newer stuff and mid-90's stuff as well. Good stuff (tho' some of the harder or sexed up stuff leans a bit towards the common stuff we are used 2 these days). Father MC is definitely over looked and underrated. If u like that song, check "Treat Them Like They Wanna Be Treated." It features Jodeci before they got big...as do a handful of songs off his 1st 2 albums. Also check 1992's "One Nite Stand" featuring Mary J. Blige. This was done as MJB was just coming out. "Close To You" is another personal favorite. Into the mid-90's and the 2000's he's released music independently. Awhile back me and Tim were talking about him and i think Tim said he had a hit overseas awhile back...the US hasn't really heard anything that popular from him since 1993 when he released his last Uptown album.

• 2 months later...
Guest allesandro

never heard of him....

damn man father mc is definetely an underrated rapper, he is maybe the best rapper when

it came to mixe r&b with rap in the begin 90's

especially the songs he did with jodeci and mary j blige,

threat me like ..., everything's gonna be alright was and still is the bomb,

and i'll do for u with mary j blige

but also a lot of other songs, i still have all his albums,

5 great albums actually,

Father MC is one of the more underrated rappers, he got a smooth flow, Nas shouted him out on "Where Are They Now?", that song's like a rap history lesson