JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Britney @ VMA's

Da Brakes

I watched it 2. The whole thing was akward. I heard on E! that she had this totally different performance planned with magic and illusions. However, at last minute they said that it wazn't going 2 work. So they brought in a choreographer who put 2gether the set that we saw. Apparently Britney wazn't happy with the change or the choreography. Since she wazn't singing, she had 2 dance...cuz that's the only way u can get away with ligsyncing (not that any the of dancing waz complicated enough 2 not sing while she waz doing it).

The production of the song was pretty bad 2 (i heard a snippit of it a week or 2 ago). Britney's vocals are kinda limited...but i think a club mix of the song will be really good for pop standards. I also thought her outfit wazn't appropriate at all. Sure, she's gotten in good shape, but she'll never have the body she had back in the early 2000's. She should have used her keen fashion sense instead.

She definitely blew it compared 2 her previous standards. The reaction of the audience waz pretty comical. I also heard some of the people's reaction and people from all music genres agreed it waz average at best but supported her none the less. If she doesn't bring it half baked anymore and gets her personal life right, she still has a chance. Her career up thru' 2004 waz huge.

i was so dissapointed, i like britney so i just want her to get back to normal and release music, i actually like her new song, but then i saw the performance. She should not have worn that costume for starters, i just hope the performance wasnt good coz of last minute changes, im just hoping she gets it together soon or her career is over if its not already.

• Admin

a source tells the New York Daily News, "She showed up three and a half hours late, and she walked in with a frozen margarita. It was so disrespectful." Not just to MTV suits and her fans, but to her fellow dancers as well. "The dance number was spectacular — without her," a spy tells the New York Post. "Then Britney showed up and refused to do anything. The more complicated moves had to be erased."

Wardrobe-wise, Spears has taken hits for underdressing, a questionable choice made by herself when she deemed a corset designed to go with the sparkly bra and bottoms "not sexy enough," says the Post.

It seemed like a joke, I was waiting for her to snap out of her trance, but she didn't, she put no effort into that performance at all, a big diappointment.

The really bad thing is that i think alot of people were rooting 4 her....even people who aren't really fans of hers. We see the things she's gone thru' and the stupid decisions she's made and i think most people wanted this 2 be a comeback that killed all that old stuff. At least people are disappointed in her performing abilities and not her as a person, which is how it's been for 3 years now. Of course this uninspired performance could easily stem from her own attitude.

Whoever waz quoted saying "the dance number was spectactular" waz obviously lying. It waz boring...even if Britney wazn't up there only half doing it. It waz pretty wack. If she waz mad the choreographer, i don't blame her. I heard other things on E! yesterday like she waz upset that Sarah Silverman said her babies were "cute mistakes" and stuff like that which upset her so much she didn't even wanna go on.

hmm see i heard a different story to the late story. i read that Britney was in the dressing room and started freaking out at her hairdresser bcoz she didnt like what she did to her hair. Apparently she was so nervous and felt she wasnt prepared for the performance and completely lost it, so her assistants gave her enough sedatives to "floor an elephant" so thats why her performance wasnt very energetic. This was on sky news the showbiz section.

i think we need an official explanation, sounds like theres lot of rumours.

I heard the same thing about the hair. She ended up doing herself after what the hairdresser did or was trying 2 do.

It's amazing how much we are talking about something so pointless...ha ha.