JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Rate Pursuit of Happyness

Hero1

Rate Pursuit  

8 members have voted

1. 1. what did you think of the movie?

2. 2. How would you rate Will's performance?

wow, lets see, overall I give the movie 8/10. I didn't find it too fast or too slow, def. didn't feel like they played the manipulative "sentimental" card too much. It is a good drama, but it has enough funny moments so that it doesn't get too heavy. One thing that did bother me a bit was some of the voice over(in some scenes I felt it worked really well), the other thing was Thandie Newton's performance, I feel she has the tendancy to over act, either that or she did the irritated bitchy role very well lol. It's def. an entertaining film, I recommend it. (trying not to give too much away here)

As far as Will's performance I gave him 9/10. I can see why he has Oscar buzzin'. He's never too over the top, and doesn't do that "Will Smith Thing" he's so famous for.This is def. a different Will onscreen, so much so that I didn't feel like I was watching Will onscreen. I was watching this character, and I'm so glad he stepped away from saving the world, even if just for a minute. Jaden did a great job I'm sure he'll have no problem having a future in showbiz if that's what he wants, for a kid looking to do comedy he does drama extremely well. The thing I appreciated the most was the father-son relationship in the film, it's so clear this guy just wants to do the right thing for his kid, that he comes first in his dad's life. Personally I think there should be more films like this.

FP's performance is awesome. Without getting in2 it 2 much...every move he makes is real and honest. Every line, every expression. The movie over all is beautifully shot and lines are perfect. This isn't my kinda movie...but i love it. 10 all across the board. Someone get this man an Oscar.