Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ale

JJFP on Soul Train (1991)

Will Smith (Fresh Prince) & DJ Jazzy Jeff performing "Summertime" on Soul Train. Episode# 675 (1991).

JJFP performing 'Summertime':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3YeuM7ZFwg

JJFP interviewed by Don Cornelius.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2NPG-Qzzq8

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Edited by Ale

Thanks this is nice !

I think it's a playback (don't know if it is the right word in english : when you fake singing, and this is just the original song that is played and "make everything"), but it is nice !

Edited by Romano338

Yeh thats dissapointing really that he didn't do it live. But a lot of shows back then had the rules like that. Strange

Yeh thats dissapointing really that he didn't do it live. But a lot of shows back then had the rules like that. Strange

This is the first time I see Will/FP in playback.

All the others live I've seen before, it was definitely in live.

Soul Train always used lipsyncing. I watched it weekly thru' most of the 90's and the only time i remember live vocals was when they did a whole show for MC Hammer in 1995 and he did 4 songs totally live.

One of the funniest things was they wanted The roots to do that ..and the roots wouldn't play hehe

It is kinda silly 2 require the artist 2 lipsync, but i'm sure it saves them lots of money and headaches. Maybe if it was being aired at 8 in the evening instead of 2 in the morning and more of a fanbase like back in the day it'd be different. It's all promotion tho'....work hard, make yourself accessable 2 fans.

Aresenio did and interview with the Prince where he was just wildin' out. I don't remember much from the interview other than FP being silly...maybe some mama jokes and making the interview difficult. I've only seen it once. U can probably find the interview on YouTube.