JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

LL Cool J "Exit 13 will be my last full length album"

Turntable

After a week of deliberation I’ve decided that exit 13 will be my last full length album. I will still do concerts and a song here and there but it’s time for new challenges. “We” must allow ourselves to grow. Change in this case is a good thing. It’s the Boomdizzle generations’ turn! I am “forever” grateful to those who rode with me from Radio to exit 13 and in between! Smile! It was fun! But it’s time for a promotion!! I Love you. The next chapter will be the best chapter!

LLCOOLJ

www.Boomdizzle.com

The industry of the money, that is.. Its a shame..

Well it ain't LL who is letting money dictate him...I mean he could have gotten more sales if he said "Exit 13" would be his last album BEFORE it was released. Respect, but hopefully he pulls a Jay-z, just without the dud that was "Kingdom Come"....

Wow that sucks, I hope LL pulls a Jordan or even a Jay-Z and changes his mind in the near future 'cause it's hard to picture the hip hop game without him being a major force in it, "Exit 13" and that "Return Of The G.O.A.T." mixtape shows he still has a lot of skills left in him to keep going. He was saying in interviews though before the album dropped that he wanted to let the new generation takeover more and he wanted to sign some new talent by starting his boomdizzle.com website.

Edited by bigted

I don't think LL would've turned down 8 films while recording "Exit 13" if he was in it for the money, the way I see it he really just wants to help new artists get exposure, but I think he could do even better doing that in a mc/coach role rather than dropping the mic and going on the sidelines

Before Exit 13 came out he sounded like he still wanted to make music afterward. It's too bad... it was bound to happen sometime though.

lol, maybe Will also told him he is a better actor than a rapper.. anyways, when Jay did it with the black album, it was on the pinnacle of his career, LL didnt have a good sales after this album, this is diferent.

Def Jam didn't do a damn thing to promote LL lately, it was like Jordan playing on a crappy Wizards team, it's not his fault that everyone around him sucks, he still has the skills

Edited by bigted