JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

2PAC "LIVE"

Supposedly, 2Pac is putting out a "Live" album 2day. I'm gonna pick it up either way but i waz wondering if anybody knew anything about it. The album cover i saw looked pretty boring which makes me think it's a crappy Deathrow album. Afenie and her camp usually put 2gether quality 2Pac stuff with what they have 2 work with, but Deathrow seems 2 only care about the money they can make off him by ruining his legacy with their garbage projects like the "Nu-Mixx Klazzixxx" remix album. I know their are some 2Pac fans here...so here's a heads up. If the album comes out, it'll be on sale for $10.99 at Circute City this week.

Yeah. I'm a big 2pac fan. I don't think I'll get it. (4 a change). I think I'll just download it. But I think a dvd comes wit it and u can watch his live performances. The only performance I've seen was the one on SNL were he did "California Love" & "So Many Tears".

The DVD ain't all that important 2 me. I love 2pac's music, but Deathrow makes it so uninteresting. U know, it could be a sign, he really was gonna leave Deathrow.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll check it out!

Guest Prince
Thanks for the heads up... I might not get this though, dependant on how people review it. Talking of other albums, I didn't even bother picking up "Nu Mixx Klazzzzzixxxxxxxxx" from the shelf, or however it was spelt.

Here's my personal reviews if it helps u at all.

2PAC: NU MIXX KLAXZZICS
[b]2 OF AMERIKAZ MOST WANTED[/b] They took Snoop's vocals off and replaced them with Crooked I, Deathrow's main new artists who has average mic skillz and would probably suck as an artist lyrically. The beat is average...not bad but not good enuff 4 2Pac and it dosen't really fit the song the way it should. The vocals fit...just not the vibe it gives off. [b]HOW DO YOU WANT IT[/b] The beat is kinda average but kinda empty. 2Pac's vocals are actually taken from the alternate version of "2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted" which are totally clean. This may be becuz i bought the edited version. I havn't heard the regular/explict version of this remix album. [b]HAIL MARY[/b] This beat isn't bad, but again, it's not close 2 the level that the original production waz. [b]LIFE GOES ON[/b] This is my favorite track off [i]All Eyez On Me[/i]!! The production is pretty good and fits the vibe of the song. I'm very happy with this remix and since it waz done 2 my fav track...that says something. I expected 2 be really upset when hearing this one remixed but they pulled it off well. [b]ALL EYEZ ON ME[/b] This one has boring, traditional commercial production. It's not awful...just boring. [b]HEARTS OF MEN[/b] Interesting beat 4 this one. Different vibe 4 the song, but still pointless since it dosen't do what i remix should do 4 a song. [b]TOSS IT UP[/b] Not a big difference on this remix. Standard new beat but not bad at all. [b]HIT EM UP[/b] This beat isn't bad, but it dosen't take the song 2 that next level. This has the alternate cleaner lryics also...but it may be cuz i got the edited version. A lazy label like Deathrow wouldn't usually put the alternate vocal track 2 a remix just 4 and edited version of an album but maybe they wanted 2 give the song new life. Maybe someone with the regular version of this album can confirm which vocal track they used (explict or cleaner). [b]NEVER HAD A FRIEND LIKE ME[/b] I waz so happy they remixed this track also. It's more of that traditinal 2Pac rather than his Deathrow stuff. The beat is one of the better ones on this album. [b]AMBITIONZ AZ A RIDAH[/b] The strings on this remix are good, but the beat just isn't as thick as it should be.

The idea of a remix album is a good idea, but Deathrow owns the music from an era when 2Pac simply didn't care 2 much put out his best music. Not long after being on Deathrow, he hated it and recorded all that material just 2 put out albums and get off the label by fulfilling his contract. Think about his position tho'...if Suge waz gonna pay his bail and get him outta jail, it seems reasonable 2 sign 2 his label since he knew him and did that huge favor. I remember being mad when i heard that newz but i could see where he waz coming from. Anyways, on 2 the life album.

2PAC: LIVE
[b]LIVE MEDLEY[/b] 2Pac is screaming his vocals over a live band which dosen't do it for me. I think it's just 2 hard 2 take alot of his beats and turn them in 2 good live band kinda trax. He opens with "California Love" then goes in2 "So Many Tears." "So Many Tears" is a classic and powerful song...but 2Pac kinda yells it and the band ruins the vibe of the song. Why would he mix a mainstream track like "California Love" and an introspective track like "So Many Tears" i'll never know. [b]INTRO[/b] This is just a pointless :13 second interlude of some annoying lady introducing him. [b]AMBITIONZ AS A RIDAH[/b] This is an ill album track, but the live version is crappy. The intro girls talking about 2Pac is way 2 long and really annoying...AND HAS NOTHING 2 DO WITH THE SONG. The music level on the audio is just a lil' 2 low, i think. At least he's flowing over an actual beat and not a band anymore. Oh yeah, this and following trax were recorded seperate from the Live Medley. 2Pac resorts 2 his yelling kinda flow which sux and he pretty much never did on his albums. [b]SO MANY TEARS[/b] It's the best song he did live on this album. It only lasts a minute and a half tho.' I'm amazed that he did this song since his Deathrow era performances seem 2 stay away from his previous stuff. [b]TROUBLESOME[/b] He starts this one off by calling out Nas. The Outlawz and his hypemen aka his friends with microphones really get annoying on this one. They finish the lines of most of 2Pac's lyrics. They also sing the "na na na...na na na...na na na...na na na...na na bye bye, all u n!gg@s die" part and it's so bad that u wonder if they are tone def. 2pac is still yelling and a lil' sloppy...but not nearly as sloppy as everyone else on stage. [b]HIT EM UP[/b] Ha ha...yep, they did this on. What's annoying about this one is that The Outlawz and other fellaz keep finishing 2Pac's lines...but after 2Pac's opening verse, everyone on stage raps all the lyrics 2 the rest of the song 2gether. Just a bunch of guys yelling and sucking at performing live. [b]TATTOO TEARS[/b] 2Pac relaxes a lil' bit on this one and isn't yelling as much. Not as bad as the other trax on this album. Probably cuz it's a slower laidback song. [b]HEARTZ OF MEN[/b] How did this mess up end up on the album. It's the tech person MESSING UP. They start playing "Hit Em Up" while nobody on stage saying anything. 1st off, why did they say it waz "Heartz of Men" and why would they put it on the album as a 7 second track?!?! Deathrow is so stupid. [b]ALL ABOUT U[/b] The first 38 seconds of this track is the tech person messing up. They skip from track 2 track off of All Eyez On Me until they get 2 "All About U." This performance is better and laidback also. However, u wish they would just turn of the mics of The Outlawz and who ever else had mics. [b]NEVER CALL U B!+CH AGAIN[/b] Is another mid-tempo joint where 2Pac flows instead of yells. [b]HOW DO U WANT IT[/b] This actually has Jodeci on stage with him. The into is just Jo Jo talking 2 the crowd, then Jodeci starts singing "Freek-N-U" acappella. Almost 2 minutes in 2 the track, the "How Do U Want It" beat drops. The audio of the music is way 2 low tho.' The vocals aren't where they should be. I have a feeling this waz taking from a different show. It's edited so that it flows, but i think it waz spiced that way. [b]2 OF AMERIKAZ MOST WANTED[/b] The audio of the beat is way 2 low again. 2Pac's flow is energic and pretty good. Snoop Dogg is also live in this one. They really just need 2 make the music louder on this one. [b]CALIFORNIA LOVE[/b] The audio for this one isn't 2 incredible either. The beat is louder, but the music sounds so flat. Vocals are a lil' 2 low also. Dr. Dre isn't there...so it's basically 2Pac's verse, than a bunch of adlibing.

During All Eyez On Me, 2pac didn't really tour as much...most of his shows were at clubs where the shows are really stripped down which i think contributed 2 level of the performances. Unless a live event is being recorded 4 a professional recording, it's not 2 sound 2 incredible...so that kinda the case. Most of it is just above bootleg level.

Both of these albums are something every 2Pac fan should check out. They are Deathrow products so the quality level isn't the best and the people putting the projects 2gether don't really respect his legacy...they just want some money. However, if u really love 2Pac, get these albums. The remix album is a new way 2 hear old stuff. The live album is just a good reminder of him. Since some places have it priced under $10, it's definitly worth getting. I thought both of these projects were crap when they 1st came out...but as time went on, i appriciated them 4 what they are cuz i really love 2Pac's music. If the price is right, get 'em. If u aren't a huge 2Pac fan, don't bother with this stuff at all. But i would urge anyone 2 check his Greatest Hits album which gives listeners a good idea of what the man waz about. His album Me Against The World is one of the best albums of all time which everyone should give a chance.

Guest Prince
Hmm sounds pretty mediocre and another disappointment... I only have 5 'Pac albums, but I don't want to buy an album that will (for me) just wreck his whole legacy. There is no excuse for technical screw ups... Not for an up-and-coming artist, and especially not for someone like 2Pac. If the price is right though, I may check it out... Sadly though all music albums here in the UK are vastly over priced. We're talking about £17 for old JJ+FP albums... Which is about $30... I'll keep my eyes open though.

Yo AJ. Ya right man.

4 Me, the Greatest Hits was my 1st 2pac cd. Then I had 2 decide which 2 get 1st. And I got Me Against The World. That'z my favorite album. 2pac said it was his favorite as well.

U know, Pac probably could've done what Shyne is doin. Release while in jail. But then again, 2pac probably couldn't take it.

Anyone know if this album made any noise on the charts??

Deathrow's packaging is embarassing 2 his legacy. Crappy artwork (if that's what u wanna call it), bad picture selection...and the music quality. 2Pac (and his mother) would never have wanted that stuff released.