JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Beverley Hills Cop IV

Hero1

• Admin

Murphy Back for Beverly Hills Cop IV!

Source: Variety November 30, 2006

Eddie Murphy will return as detective Axel Foley in Beverly Hills Cop IV, working with Paramount in collaring Lorenzo di Bonaventura as producer, reports Variety.

The new regime at Paramount is keen on reviving the classic action-comedy franchise. Murphy will work closely with the studio and di Bonaventura in reinvigorating and updating the once-lucrative property. The project is out to writers.

Murphy, who will next be in theaters with Dreamgirls, has always been attached to star in the fourth installment.

The first two pics in the franchise, produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and his former partner Don Simpson, did enormous box office. Beverly Hills Cop collected $315.7 million worldwide, while the sequel earned $299.6 million worldwide.

---------------------

why wouldnt they get bruckheimer to produce?

Yeh this whole 80s throwback thing is coming on abit strong, although i am intrigued by Rocky Balboa.

Eddie Murphy hasn't made many great films of late so i hope he brings it on this one.

I didnt like the one where he was in this theme park shooting up stuff with bazookas. I thought that one was a lil lame, cant rememver which one that is tho. I might pop them in my player real soon again.

@ Fuq: Yeah, it's really all about the theme song. If they change that one, it will suck anway.