JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jay-z's Response to Camron

Bob

On Jay-z's new album "Kingdom Come," his one track "Dig a Hole" featuring Sterling Simms is in the same light as "Takeover" was. Here are some excerpts:

"N****'s like Hov why don't you get at ol' boy?

Why kill a puppet and leave Geppetto alive?

Why not wait to catch em all together,

it's where you dig one big hole, one time."

"How's n****'s dissing me,

I made it possible

for n****'s to make history,

how is this possible?

please explain this sh*t to me

how is it logical?

Have we forgotten our history?

Let's open our bibles

It's like the disciples dissing Jesus

becoming his rivals

shunning the one thing they owe they life to"

"I keep my enemies close

I give em enough rope

they put themselves in the air

i just kick away the chair"

"The only time you went plat

my chain was on your neck

that's a natural fact

so i'm praying that it spills outside of the booth

that's when y'all n****'s outside of your truth

outside of your league,

that's not what you do

n****'s throwin roc signs outside of your coop

look at hov like he done something wrong to em

cause hes all to him

he just took what belonged to him"

its a powerful track

"dig a hole, go ahead, bury yourself"

Cam'ron waz dope back in 1997. I liked the singles from his 2002 effort, but i've lost interest in him over the years...espeically more recently. Jay-Z can't claim any fame when it comes 2 Cam'ron...he can hold his own. And if u put them up against each other, i place bets on Cam'ron.

What!!!, Jay Z would kill camron as he already has done....that's only a little bit of the song, I hate Camrom and the whole of dipset, Jay z should just lyrically murder them all :lolsign:

i agree jay is easily better. but i think i like his approach, the whole dipset crew is exhausting themselves over this feud, while jay is taking shots as he likes.

did anyone even try and listen to camron's latest cd over the summer? it was horrible, the beats were terrible and the lyrics did not stand out. the only positive was juelz on a few tracks.

I personally ain't really into either rapper that much but Cam'ron ain't as bad as some people try to say he is, he does have some hot rhymes in between, he could give Jay-Z a good battle, btw Jay-Z also answers Game in there too, "I used to think that rappin' at 38 was uhhh but that was until last year when I made 38 mil what", that's sorta like FP's line to Eminem, "Big Will with another 20 mil, walks right past E", probably more of a reference than a diss though

Edited by bigted

but songs like Jay Z "Big Pimpin", "H to the Izzo" "99 Problems" so many songs that stand out

I thought all those songs were garbage. I liked trax he had guest spots on back in the day. When it comes 2 singles, i only ever really got in 2 "Ain't No..., Sunshine, City Is Mine, One In A Million, Bonnie + Clyde '03, Excuse Me Miss, and Girls... And looking back on those trax, they all feature other artists that i like (Foxy Brown, Babyface, BLACKstreet, DJ Premier, Beyonce, Pharrell, Biz Markie). It's all different tastes tho.' Neither of them are really my style, but i would lean alot more 2 Cam'ron if i had 2 chose between the 2.

Yea they are my favoirte aswell AJ, I was just saying songs, I'd be hear for hours trying to say all the songs that I like from Jay Z, I still havent got "Resonable Doubt" out of my CD player...that album was brilliant...Blueprint 2 was a excellent peice of work,

And Ted, yea he does refrence the game on that track aswell...but i'm not sure if they have a real beef, they jus taking cheap shots at eachother recently...nothing has escalated as of yet...

Well I think Jay and Game got some respect for each other but they're not really friends since Game has beef with Memphis Bleek who's in Jay-Z' click

Cam'ron aint wack. Especaly what he did in the 90's was in one word brilliant. Just check out the Children Of The Corn stuff. Camr'on is a good Mc, and he has more than almost anyone else his own style.

Next to that.. You cant diss the whole Dipset Crew. J.R. Writer's Album was amazing. J.R. Write would kill these days Jigga. Easily. Just check out his record, and compare it to what Jigga recently did.

Yeah I think beats is really something that's carried Jay-Z over the past few years, he got a great ear for beats, but overall he hasn't really been that hungry lyrically for the past albums, with the exception of some hot tracks in between, I even think "Blueprint" is very overhyped, he had some good lyrics in there but Kanye carried that album in my opinion, his last great album was "Hard Knock Life: Volume 2", like AJ I think the collabs were something that made me like him back then