JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

USHER ARTICLE + LIL' KIM ARTICLE

JumpinJack AJ

USHER: How's He Doinnnnnnnn, For Real???

By Karu F. Daniels, AOL Black Voices

It just became official.

Usher is out of the production of the long running Broadway musical, 'Chicago.'

In a statement issued this morning by his publicist Simone Smalls, the Grammy award winning superstar will not complete his final week of the multiple Tony Award winning show -- which celebrates its 10th anniversary next month.

"Usher is currently being treated for an extreme case of strep throat," his momager Jonnetta Patton said. "He fell ill last Friday and his condition became progressively worse, so under strict orders from his doctors, Usher has been instructed not to perform."

"He is really saddened that he cannot close out his last week in 'Chicago' with a bang," she continued. "Usher has had an amazing time on Broadway and loved every minute of performing on stage with the entire cast of 'Chicago.' He expresses his sincere apologies to all of his fans who purchased tickets to see him in 'Chicago' this final week and appreciate all of their love and support. He is thankful to the producers, the entire cast and production crew of 'Chicago.'"

Barry Weissler, producer of the legendary musical, said "the entire company is sending their thoughts and best wishes to Usher for a quick and speedy recovery. [He] made a spectacular Broadway debut, bringing a great dedication, work ethic and his amazing talent to the show. We all hope that he might return at some point for the many fans that were unable to see his wonderful performance as Billy Flynn. Usher has found a new home on Broadway and is welcomed back anytime."

--------------------------------------------

LIL' KIM: Taking On Washington

By Karu F. Daniels, AOL Black Voices

Has Lil' Kim cleaned up her act?

Maybe.

The recently imprisoned hip-hop personality has been making the rounds on the political front. On Sunday night, the Brooklyn native celebrated Reverend Al Sharpton's 52nd Birthday in New York City with an array of Big Apple big wigs. On Tuesday, she headed to Capitol Hill -- to speak out about issues affecting foster children and at-risk youth.

The 31-year-old Grammy Award winning sex-pot (legally known as Kimberly Jones) was a featured speaker during the Second Annual “Keeping the Promise to At-Risk Youth” Conference in Washington, DC. On Oct. 3.

Organized by Children Uniting Nations (CUN) and the University of Southern California School of Social Work, the conference is an annual, day-long dialogue dedicated to not only igniting awareness, but to also implementing solid mentoring programs and other educational services for foster children and at-risk youth.

Senator John Kerry and Princess Dalal Al-Saud of Saudi Arabia were among speakers at the event, which included musical performances by by Miri Ben-Ari, Run DMC's Darryl McDaniels and soul singer Freda Payne.

"It’s not what happens to you but how you handle it that matters," she told an audience of 150 politicians, businessmen and celebrities. "A lot of times, we all make bad choices, but it’s the experience that helps you make the right choice the next time."

"It was during that 10-month stay in prison that I realized I had to become strongly involved in the children of our future so that they would not have to endure the struggles and pain that I had to go through during the difficult times in my life," the former Junior M.A.F.I.A. frontwoman continued.

"I realized my strengths, my weaknesses and I realized the power of my voice."

And the "Magic Stick" rapper, reportedly, used that voice to encourage corporations to sponsor and invest in programs to help at-risk youth. "So, the corporations that are here tonight, this is a call to you. Our children in foster care, they are you –the CEO’s, scientists, lawyers, astronauts, generals they could become, and yes performers, too. Just imagine this, the mind that will find the cure for cancer could be sitting in foster care right now and the only thing stopping him or her from finding that cure is hearing the words, 'You can do it,' 'You matter,' 'I believe in you.'"

Well I'll be damned.

The girl still does have some sense.

If Oprah won't run for office, maybe Lil' Kim should.

Well I'll be damned.

The girl still does have some sense.

If Oprah won't run for office, maybe Lil' Kim should.

:ohdear:

I think I'll move to another country if this happens :shakehead:

When u are dealing with an artist like this...it takes time and alot of good actions 2 see that it's legit. Look at her past and her history. It's hard 2 swallow when an rapper who has associated themselves with certain things for over a decade tries 2 do something serious or positive. It seems like a PR move...after all, she went 2 jail.

I'm all about people bettering themselves. But i don't like the people who do stuff just 2 look good.

Well I was :shakehead: to the thought of her running for office but that's a good thing that she's doing, being positive don't sell records in the music industry, and this won't make me listen to her music but I'm calling a spade a spade here, more than likely she was being sincere, a lot of times it takes the hard way for some to learn

Edited by bigted