JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Ludacris- Release Therapy

fan 4ever

Anyone who bought this album? I've downloaded it today :paperbag: , I'll get it as soon as it hits stores here in Belgium! I just wanna say...I love this album! Luda is speaking the truth on this one! He has always been a "goofy" rapper...but he's saying some serious things on this album! Check out songs like "War With God", "Slap", "Tell It Like It Is", "Runaway Love"....he has grown up! I recommend this album to all of you!

Ludacris's albums always impressed me. He was an attractive Dirty South talent in the early going. He's changed up a lil bit but has been up to par. He did say this was a more in depth album on who he was, knowing him as Chris Bridges and not Ludacris. He's going to need another single before sales should probably kick in, because "Money Maker" isn't drawing in like he's previous ones I think.

Edited by mfuqua23

He's not really one of my favorite rappers but Luda's definately one of the better commercial rappers over the recent years, he got a hot flow, I'll probably be checking for this album, btw "Money Maker" is getting quite bit of airplay right now, every time I turn on the radio I hear it playing it seems, it's in the top 10 on the Billboard pop charts, he seems to be the only rapper that Def Jam's supporting at the moment

Edited by bigted

I'll give the album a listen but Ludacris has never been my fav. I liked him when he 1st did his thing on Timbland's solo album. Shortly after, i lost interest. His current single isn't bad. The Neptunes laced him with the best beat his ever had for a single and his flow is better. The only think that really turns me off 2 him still is that i read how he's gonna come with relevant lyrics for once and then i hear trash like "U know i got it, if u want it, come get it, stand next 2 this money like 'ey 'ey 'ey."

I'll give the album a listen but Ludacris has never been my fav. I liked him when he 1st did his thing on Timbland's solo album. Shortly after, i lost interest. His current single isn't bad. The Neptunes laced him with the best beat his ever had for a single and his flow is better. The only think that really turns me off 2 him still is that i read how he's gonna come with relevant lyrics for once and then i hear trash like "U know i got it, if u want it, come get it, stand next 2 this money like 'ey 'ey 'ey."

Yeah I know AJ...but that's just the first single...same thing with "Switch" it was just a party song and the rest of the album was more serious...same thing on Release Therapy! Y'all should realy check it out!

I heard "Tell It Like It Is" playing on the late night mixshow on Hot97 recently and it sounds quite a bit like "Lost and Found", I'm quite impressed

• 1 month later...

I got this album from ebay a few weeks ago and it's a very good album, I been listening to it quite a bit since I got it, my favorite tracks are probably "Do Your Time" with Beanie Siegal, Pimp C, and C Murder, "Runaway Love" with Mary J. which is the new single now, "Woozy" with R. Kelly, "Tell It Like It Is", and "Freedom Of Preach" with Bishop Eddie Lee Long, he really put his heart into this album, I'm not really a fan of his of course but I just gotta give props where props is due, he did a damn good job with this album, it really seemed like he had a chip on his shoulder when he was making it, he wanted to show everybody another side to him and that's real right there, I definately got more respect for him than before, he always had skills but now he's using them to display more messages and that's definately showing growth as an artist

Edited by bigted