JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Lost, Not Found

Lerkot

DJ Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Greek Theatre Los Angeles <-- check? Thats the "live in LA" thingie right?

KRS One, Steady B, Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince <-- hmm?

JIVE RECORDS - ARTIST SHOWCASE (Steady B, BDP, Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince, Kool Moe Dee) 1988 60 minutes <-- same as #2? Probably, we got it?

Def Jam Tour (Public Enemy, LL Cool J, Whodini, Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince ) - Connecticut

DJ Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince live @ WBLS 107.5 FM New York 1987

DJ Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince – 107.5 WBLS FM NYC, 1987 (other show)

DEF JAM 87 TOUR PUBLIC ENEMY, JAZZY JEFF & FRESH PRINCE, WHODINI, LL COOL J 90 MIN B <-- same as the connecticut thing?

JIVE RECORDS ARTIST SHOWCASE (Steady B, BDP, Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince, Kool Moe Dee) 1/22/88 37 MIN <-- Hmm, other source saying 37 minutes.

1987 Def Jam Tour DVD ( DJ Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince ) <-- same as Def Jam Tour thingie I guess.

Steady B versus FP <-- I got a phone number to a store in Philly that probably had the battle between them... I sent the number to AJ, I dont know if he has checked it out.

Nightmare on elm street music video <-- will we ever see it?

Tim said he had the Def Jam-thing on tape but that the quality was bad now... someone should try to get hold of the DVD...

Finding the Steady B vs FP thing could be very important to Wills future as a rapper... if what we've heard is true... It would raise his street cred with like 500%, if we spread it around the net.

Edited by Lerkot

Steady B

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Steady B (b. Warren McGlone) is a former rapper from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States. He was in a group called CEB, which also featured fellow Philadelphia rapper Cool C, and he also worked together with KRS-One.

Along with Schoolly D and the Fresh Prince, Steady B was one of the first wave of Philadelphia-area rappers to gain notoriety. With an appealing blend of battle raps and freestyle lyrics, Steady B's style reflected the post-Run-D.M.C./pre-Public Enemy era hip-hop. At his best, Steady mixed well-written metaphors and wordplay with sparse yet catchy drum tracks. After releasing five albums with mixed success, Steady formed the hardcore group C.E.B. in an effort to update his style, and sales. The C.E.B. album failed, and Steady faded into obscurity. In 1996, Steady and his old C.E.B. partner Cool C were convicted of a botched armed robbery and the murder of Philadelphia police officer Luretha Vaird -- the first female officer to die in the line of duty in Philadelphia. To avoid a possible death sentence, Steady confessed to the robbery and was sentenced to life without possibility of parole, while Cool C received a death sentence. On 10 January 2006 his death warrant was signed by Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell and his execution date was set for 9 March 2006. He was granted a stay of execution from Pennsylvania Judge Gary Glazer on 1 February 2006 until all post-conviction litigation is resolved.

------------

Discography

1986 Bring the Beat Back (Jive)

1987 What's My Name (Jive)

1988 Let the Hustlers Play (Jive)

1989 Going Steady (1989)

1991 Steady B V (Jive)

The sad thing is, these days the audio and video of the 80's is decaying as we speak. I know from my own collection of home videos and cassettes. If the few people who don't own this stuff put it on CD and DVD, it may never be perserved 2 ever come outta the vault.

JIVE RECORDS - ARTIST SHOWCASE (Steady B, BDP, Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince, Kool Moe Dee) 1988 60 minutes <-- same as #2? Probably, we got it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4q5REnX27k...zzy%20hip%20hop

This video has Steady B, BDP, JJFP and Kool Moe Dee. But its only about 6-7 minutes long so maybe its only clips of the real video.