JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Boom! Shake the Room

MaxFly

Am I the only one that still loves this track. I've heard people over time say that it was one of the weaker JJFP/Will Smith joints, but I simply don't agree. The stutter rap he does in the last verse is still one of the sickest and most original things I've heared an emcee do on a track... What are other's thoughts?

Yeah I absolutely agree! U got it there man, that's what I'm talkin' bout!

I love the track, too! And the thing about the stuttering - yes ur right, it's very cool and very original just like u said! I think it's one of the best JJFP songs ever and not one of the weakest! :2thumbs:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe that you said that Da Butta is a bad track...i love it! Sure, Lil Kim ain't on the same level as Will, but it's still a hot track.

And why all the hate on Born To Reign. It has some dope tracks:

- Born To Reign

- Act Like You Know

- How Da Beat Goes

- Blockparty

- Give Me Tonight

Sure, it's not his best album, but it was way better then some of the commercial hip hop albums that got released that year (Nellyville anyone??)

I can't believe that you said that Da Butta is a bad track...i love it! Sure, Lil Kim ain't on the same level as Will, but it's still a hot track.

And why all the hate on Born To Reign. It has some dope tracks:

- Born To Reign

- Act Like You Know

- How Da Beat Goes

- Blockparty

- Give Me Tonight

Sure, it's not his best album, but it was way better then some of the commercial hip hop albums that got released that year (Nellyville anyone??)

That's what I was saying, Will's worst album is better than a lot of these rappers' best albums, Nelly hasn't spit a verse in his career better than that "Born To Reign" verse, Will's had a consistant career, but like I said if Will's gonna diss "Boom! Shake The Room" he shouldn't have released "Born To Reign" 'cause I like "Boom! Shake The Room" better than even most of the best tracks on that album, comparing to his standards, not other rappers' standards, he could do a half hearted verse and it'd be better than 80% of the game....