JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

NBA vs. AND1!

Damian

MAny times on some random forums I saw topics where ppl were discusing what is better, playing for points or for good tricks. I like basketball, & i'm a fan of this 2 types of playing. I have two questions:

1. I heard that passing ball betwen legs of another player is forbid in NBA. Is this true? C'mon. I can understand that forbiden are others tricks from streetball, but this......

2. I heard that some street players started carrers in NBA, & they aren't good. I know that there is a movie betwen NBA & AND1 players (or other group). I wish I could see it. Any help will be good.

I've seen a player pass the ball through an oponents legs before...not illegal.

Rafer Alston of the houston Rockets went by "skip to my Lou" while he played for the And1 team. And 1 has a recruiting process, where, as they tour, they play a team of locals, and if they are good enough, give them a shot to make the team.

And1 is raw athleticism and entertainment. Basketball is more of a career and requires more discipline and teamwork. both styles of basketball are great to watch but in the NBA your playing for something, for a championship. it's more intense and more "real" then And1 stuff. some And1 have tried to make it to the NBA but havent been very successful. my take on it is because the NBA isn't about athleticism and tricks, its also about heart and pride and they play some defense in the NBA so its not as easy for them to do their tricks. i think basketball and streetball are like two different sports based on the same premise. you could be a great basketball player and horrible at streetball and vise versa.

I love both styles of play. Streetball is about pulling off moves/tricks and dunking. NBA is all about playing together as a team to do one thing, win. Both styles of play take hard work and a lot of practice, so its not like streetball players are just players that dunk and dribble fast. But both styles are very different.

Very rarely do And1 streetball players make it to the L, but Rafer Alston did and he is doing fairly well in the NBA. Rafer Alston aka Skip 2 My Lou is the whole reason why streetball players make a living. He is the reason And1 blew up, the reason why you can buy/watch the sickest streetball in your home (And1 Mixtapes). He is the main reason why there is an And1 Streetball Tour.

I've seen a player pass the ball through an oponents legs before...not illegal.

I see, so it's must be illegal... but it's stupid I think.

I agree with you guys, I don't see any idea to discuss what is better AND1 or NBA......