JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

STICKY FINGAZ, DMX, DAVE CHAPPELLE NEWZ

STICKY FINGAZ: Spike TV - Blade: The Series - June 28 - 10 pm

It's been eight years since Wesley Snipes rocked out at the vampire disco, but that didn't stop Spike TV from making his comic-book antihero the center of it's first scripted series. Rapper Sticky Fingaz (Onyx) takes over as the samurai sword-wielding vampire slayer, who teams up with a female partner (newcomer Jill Wagner) to infiltrate the mafia-like bloodsucker underworld. "We will definitely be exploring Blade's orgin," explains series creator David Goyer. "We Know very littls about his first 35 years." Maybe we'll even learn the fella's whole name.'

DMX: Soul of A Man: BET - July 12 - 9 pm

The tumultuous life of harcore rapper DMX is fodder for this six-part BET reality serious that captues the gravel-voiced New York emcee's emergence from prison in February and his subsequent move to the rural burg of Carefree, Ariz. Once there, he tries to clean up his life and revive his career. "There's definitely some fish-out-of-water elements to it," explains exec producer Tracey Edmonds, who notes that the show's most compelling aspect is DMX's "struggles with the dualities of his existence. He's this black face in the midst of this cowboy town - a very odd place for a rapper."

CHAPPELLE'S SHOW: THE LOST EPIDODES - Comedy Central - July 9 - 9 pm

This article is longer...and at the moment i don't have time 2 type it up. If i get time later i will...but this is what it says. Donnell Rawlings and Charlie Murphy will be the hosts (since Dave isn't involved and didn't tape any hosting parts for the to-be new season. It will be 3 episodes. There won't be any Rick James skits or anything like that...but Charlie Murphy said u can expect a Mean Daddy Day Care skit. There also won't be any musical performances. The article mentions how Charlie Murphy hasn't seen Dave 2 much, but when they do see each other, they just talk about stand-up comedy. Murphy is also shooting a pilot for his own show on Comedy Central. The articles ends with the sentence "People who have been screaming for Dave are going to get a shot in the arm."

Hmm. Has Sticky Fingaz done any previous acting. I know his partner Fredro Starr has a bit under his belt. This DMX series has me pondering now. Arizona? DMX? An interesting combination. I think the Chappelle Show's lost episodes is going to be lacking a lot. Seems like Comedy Central last chance to milk Dave for revenue.

Since DMX has made some mistakes in the past few years, i'm really interested in this series. He's a real talent and stands out when u look at all the rappers and emcees who have come out since the late 90's. I'm hopin' he's getting things worked out 4 the good.

And Sticky Fingaz has actually done alot of acting. I can't remember everything he's done. But he played Brandy's boyfriend on Moesha forever. I remember seeing him in a few movies also.