JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

JJFP Mixtape

Hero1

Could you tell me which song that line "they cut your head off cause your brain sucks." is from? I'm still missing rock the house and I think i can beat mike tyson, so most likely its on one of those. Anyone know where I'd be able to find either of them for not too much.

• Admin

the mixtape is only 20 minutes..So its a must download..listen to it while your doin sumthin :wiggle:

Could you tell me which song that line "they cut your head off cause your brain sucks." is from? I'm still missing rock the house and I think i can beat mike tyson, so most likely its on one of those. Anyone know where I'd be able to find either of them for not too much.

its from and in this corner.. you can normally find it on ebay pretty cheap

hey tim, here's my feedback. im not the biggest fan of the rewinding lines back over and over again, even when it makes a point. even when jazzy does it. the fact that you're using a DJ program makes the transition less smooth in addition. thats my feedback for the first 2 minutes, i will keep listening.

the mixtape is only 20 minutes..So its a must download..listen to it while your doin sumthin :wiggle:

its from and in this corner.. you can normally find it on ebay pretty cheap

Thanks I'll look into it.

i gotta admit that got better as it went on. the transitions were definitely a little ameteur. i always wondered how DJs could transition into a new song and have the beats match, but i know its hard. during the rest of it, the repeating was fine, except JJFP 1993 was repeated a little too many times. other than that, all of the verse were the dopest. i would've liked to have a volume leveling for the and in this corner tracks, they were definitely lower in volume

overall it was good, but nothin like somethin Jeff could pull off. i dont blame ya tho ur not a DJ by profession!

It was ok, like Wes said u aint a professional Dj so we cant blame u for not makin sumthin excellent.

Edited by Luigie

i gotta admit that got better as it went on. the transitions were definitely a little ameteur. i always wondered how DJs could transition into a new song and have the beats match, but i know its hard. during the rest of it, the repeating was fine, except JJFP 1993 was repeated a little too many times. other than that, all of the verse were the dopest. i would've liked to have a volume leveling for the and in this corner tracks, they were definitely lower in volume

overall it was good, but nothin like somethin Jeff could pull off. i dont blame ya tho ur not a DJ by profession!

I am actually learning how to become a DJ, and to transfer from one song to the next DJs use a technique called beatmatching. To beatmatch you have to count the beats per minute (BPM) of the track you are putting on next. BPMs tell how fast or slow a song is going. So what a DJ does is count the beats up to a multiple of 60 (60 seconds in a minute). The next thing that you do is called cueing. Cueing is synching two tracks together so that their beats correspond with each other, so you can then transition from one song to the next. Thats beatmatching in a nut shell.

I learned all of this from a site called djforums.com. I don't have tables yet, but I am going to have my first set of tables by the begginning of the summer. I am very excited bout it.

Edited by bart5

I am actually learning how to become a DJ, and to transfer from one song to the next DJs use a technique called beatmatching. To beatmatch you have to count the beats per minute (BPM) of the track you are putting on next. BPMs tell how fast or slow a song is going. So what a DJ does is count the beats up to a multiple of 60 (60 seconds in a minute). The next thing that you do is called cueing. Cueing is synching two tracks together so that their beats correspond with each other, so you can then transition from one song to the next. Thats beatmatching in a nut shell.

I learned all of this from a site called djforums.com. I don't have tables yet, but I am going to have my first set of tables by the beginning of the summer. I am very excited bout it.

yeah, i know about BPM's and beatmatching and fading tracks into each other, it's just that when i've tried it i have sucked horribly at it, which was why i said i wonder how DJ's can do it, i just dont get it myself

• Admin

how does the beat matching work tho..cause when i do that to the tracks then Will is just rapping fatser or slower depending on the other track.. and if i'm just going from 1 track to another why do i need to match the beats? :hmm: