JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Summer Time Beats What Happend?

• Members

Hi,

Im new here been a fan of Will Smiths music for as long as I can remeber. But with the release of his last album album Lost And Found im a little disappointed! What happend to the songs which is he used to write which where full of energy! Songs like Summer Time Get Jiggy With It and Miami all had an up tempo beat and had a summer theme to them and thats what made themgreat records!

I hope he teams back up with Jeff and sort it out for the next album...

Also any news on a UK tour?

so you want Will to do always the same kind of music over and over again? this album was the perfect cut we needed. new substance and full of creativity! and there are also summer and good feeling tracks. you have the switch remix, if you cant dance, pump ya brakes and party starter. these are all good summer tracks.

Will still keeps him real, Switch maybe dont got a summer beat, but vibe clubs!, we got Party Starter which is an awesome track, party track wit a message, then we got serious and deep songz, Will Smith always do an awesome work and Lost and Found aint the exception!

Edited by Luigie

Everyones entitled to their own opinion. Most of us loved Lost & Found but i guess it wasn't for everyone.

Welcome to the board Chris

this album was a display of lyrical emceein skill by Will and it truly was an exhibition. it's alot easier to write feel good songs than a serious song that makes people think. i like all of Will's music, but Lost & Found was way better than BWS in my opinion

• Admin

I agree with that Wes! you got plenty of albums worth of material of the fun tracks you describe./.hopefully on the next album we get a nice mix of fun and serious joints..with that great skill will displayed on LnF

Will has progressed as an artist and as a person over the last 15 years, you can't expect everything to sound the same as it did back then, what'd be the point of releasing albums still if it was that way, real artists grow with their music, that's why Will's still out there now 'cause he always brings something fresh