JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The Thing about Will

Is that he doesn't contribute to Hip-Hop overall. It's one thing for critics to say he can't rap because he doesn't rap like everyone else but when critics say he doesn't make rapping one of his top priority, i tend to agree... "referring to him not parcipating in Dave Chapelle's Block Party" (which is a movie too)

Here is a prime example of a collection of Hip Hops CURRENT best, and Will is no where to be seen.

And unless this collab album of Will Smith Hits stores within 2 years... I don't know how WIll will be taken seriously by the buyers of Hip Hop Music.

Participation in others efforts is the number one thing that can sustain a reputation as Music Commited.

Heres the Url to the review stating : "Dave Chapelle's Block Party

Chapelle gathers some of the greatest in hip-hop for an album like no other."

ie. Will Smith is absent...

Block Party Review

This is Dave Chapelle's project. Artists didn't ask 2 be a part of it...he went after them 2 put this thing 2gether. This whole post is silly. FP is STILL making music and doing movies. He's been doing it for years and he's still going strong. He's a household name all over the world, he has countless awards and nominations, and his TV show that ended almost exactly 10 years ago is still in heavy sindication. How can he be doing anything wrong. Who cares what young kids think who don't know much about him. Hip-Hop heads know his name and give him crazy respect. And he has a loyal fanbase that stretches all color lines and ages...this message board is the perfect example. Nuff said.

:word: This thread is pointless, there was other great hip-hop artists that weren't on that soundtrack/film either but that don't take away from them, everybody does different things to shine, I mean how many of them performed at Live 8? And most importantly how many rappers released at least 9 albums in their careers? Rapping is definately a top priority for Will, I mean how many rappers his age are still making albums every 3 years at the most? Will doesn't need to be like a new artist and overexpose himself by doing a million performances or guest appearances to get shine, he could announce that he's going perform somewhere tomorrow and it'd sell out, the way you're talking you're sounding ignorant like "Lost and Found" was his only album he made, he's not a new artist, he's been in the game for 2 decades now, he could drop an album whenever the **** he wants to and it'll go at least gold, who else could you say that about? Besides LL Cool J, nobody else comes to mind and he wasn't in the film either so that takes away his credability too?, lol, stop being so negative and look at the brighter side, he's done so many things that other rappers could only dream of acclompishing...

Edited by bigted

This is Dave Chapelle's project. Artists didn't ask 2 be a part of it...he went after them 2 put this thing 2gether. This whole post is silly. FP is STILL making music and doing movies. He's been doing it for years and he's still going strong. He's a household name all over the world, he has countless awards and nominations, and his TV show that ended almost exactly 10 years ago is still in heavy sindication. How can he be doing anything wrong. Who cares what young kids think who don't know much about him. Hip-Hop heads know his name and give him crazy respect. And he has a loyal fanbase that stretches all color lines and ages...this message board is the perfect example. Nuff said.

:word: AJ couldn't have said it better. Will Smith will always have loyal fans.

Once again, AJ nails it. The Chappelle movie/CD is a cool project but Dave chose the artists to appear in his movie/soundtrack. To say that because Will isn't in that project then he's not relevant is just plain goofy. Kool Moe Dee wasn't in the movie either so is he not relevant or that he hasn't contributed to hip-hop? How about Rakim? Queen Latifah? LL?

Will should not have to roll with a certain group of rappers or style of rap to be considered relevant. For crying out loud, Will won the 1st ever Rap Grammy Award!! He's sold over 30 million records worldwide. How many other rappers can say that?

he's been in the game for 2 decades now, he could drop an album whenever the **** he wants to and it'll go at least gold, who else could you say that about? Besides LL Cool J, nobody else comes to mind

Well the Beastie Boys make it Platinum everytime.. But I dont know, they are just a diffrent story.

I agree on tha rest you said too.

he's been in the game for 2 decades now, he could drop an album whenever the **** he wants to and it'll go at least gold, who else could you say that about? Besides LL Cool J, nobody else comes to mind

Well the Beastie Boys make it Platinum everytime.. But I dont know, they are just a diffrent story.

I agree on tha rest you said too.

Ice Cube too, he'll probably go platinum again, he's getting a lot of hype for his new album already and he hasn't dropped one in 6 years

Well then the same could be said about Beastie Boys too, they basically drop albums every 6 years or so just like Dre and Ice Cube have lately, anyway the point is not many have been in the game as long or have the popularity that Will has had in his career