JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will and Nas

Guest lambert

I think JJFP should do an album with MC Hammer 'cause he's working on a comeback now, imagine if they performed together, that'd be incredible, btw I think that a lot of the peeps that we want Will to collab with might be on his collab album he's doing with Kel Spence...

Edited by bigted

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah more like Rakim, LL, Chuck D, Kid N Play,Biz Markie, Ricky D etc.

:word:

I don't think Kanye and Will would do very well together. They both have difrent styles and Kanye uses cuss words in his music, and Will is a clean rappper. I mean, Kanye could hold off on the swear words, but heck, they're not going to do a collabo so forget it.

I also dont think Kanye would work, but..Chuck D. Rakim and LL curse too :stickpoke:

Well LL doesn't curse anymore since "The G.O.A.T." album, Chuck D and Rakim don't curse that much either so I think that they'd be able to make a profanity free album with Will with no problem and still rhyme about the same topics that they would already, unlike a lot of other rappers out now that wouldn't be able to do a whole album without cursing 'cause of the subject matter they use, doing an album with Kanye West doesn't initially sound too good though since Kanye got too much of an ego and it probably wouldn't work out but if Kanye could put his ego to the side and step his lyrical game up who knows maybe it'd work out, that sounds like too much a stretch, I think Will doing an album with Kel Spence sounds better 'cause I think Kel's a better mc than Kanye even though he didn't blow up yet, btw maybe rappers using profanity is a reason why Will don't collaborate on other rap albums, like if "Pump Ya Brakes" was featured on Snoop's album with gangbanging songs in between that'd hurt his image, lol,

Edited by bigted

When u think about Method Man and Redman...the chemistry just makes sense. A full album with the 2 of them falls right in2 place. Other than that...collabo albums just don't make sense. The perfect example would be R. Kelly's and Jay-Z's "Best of Both Worlds" albums. Sure, they are defintly people who love both of them as artists. But theirs also alot of people who only like one of them...and like me, felt pressured 2 get it cuz they liked one artist...and didn't like the other. And over all, the albums were just alright.

When i think about FP making a full album with any other emcees, LL Cool J is the only one who really makes sense 2 me. I could only really see him doing a song or 2 with someone like Rakim or Chuck D or Heavy D. But FP and LL just fit. They careers are very similar, along with their style, sound, backgrounds, etc. And their differences would make the chemistry work. Overall, since they are really good friends, that's what would make it dope. It wouldn't be one of those things just 2 gain hype and fame. They are 2 friends who have a passion 4 something they both started over 20 years ago.

JJ+FP as a group or individuals were originally in the works for De La Soul's AOI: Vol. 3 album. I'm not sure if that waz just a rumor, i think Tim heard about it 1st and then told me. When they left Tommy Boy, that album got scratched and they said they weren't gonna drop it. However, around the time The Grind Date came out, they said they were gonna try 2 put it out cuz they felt they were short changing the fans. They should have dropped the whole 3 disc album at one time like they originally planned.

U gotta remember that Jazzy Jeff did DJ on the King Britt track featuring Pos and Dave from De La.

JJ+FP as a group or individuals were originally in the works for De La Soul's AOI: Vol. 3 album. I'm not sure if that waz just a rumor, i think Tim heard about it 1st and then told me. When they left Tommy Boy, that album got scratched and they said they weren't gonna drop it. However, around the time The Grind Date came out, they said they were gonna try 2 put it out cuz they felt they were short changing the fans. They should have dropped the whole 3 disc album at one time like they originally planned.

I heard about that back when The Grind Date dropped. But I didnt knew that JJFP where invoolved. Thats cool, I hope they can release is someday.

Guest Guest

I don't think it's gonna be possible for Will to collaborate with any artist period (yep, even LL Cool J), let alone a joint album. Every artists has their own sense of lyrical style and image: Snoop Dogg a gangsta, LL Cool J the ladies man, Jay-Z the hustler (though it should have been Cassidy - he kiled it on "I'm A Hustla"), Baby Bash the super saucy, Too Short the pimp, etc. Will Smith has an image, but his is unlike any of those "mundane" artists, and that's an entertainer. Not entertainer as P. Diddy per say, but one who brings humor and positivity to the plate without any negative vibes. Gangstas - forget about it. Sex - okay, as long as the lyrics aren't XXX (This is what I'm aiming for on my lyrics and MCP fanfic). Drugs - (this is gonna be censored) **** 'em. It's a good thing Will Smith doesn't boast Christianity on his rhymes - that could really tarnish his Fresh Prince image.

(Stepping sides for a minute...)

It's the same thing with Chicano Rap, only in this situtation, I'm talking about numbers of Latin Rap artist originating from California. They never got to collaborate with the big guys like the ones I mentioned. Radio promoters think Chicano Rap is too pop oriented, with their overusage of oldies music and rock n' roll. Unlike Will, Chicano Rap flips on the raps Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, and the Sugarhill Gang created.

Proof: look for a song called "Southside Thang" performed by Mr. Capone-e and ODM of A Lighter Shade Of Brown.

Back to Big Will: the only time he ever curses is when he's on screen. The ending scene from Men In Black where he asks the bug to "step away from the busted ass vehical and put your hands on your head." How about "Bad Boys" with Martin Lawrence? Those guys go at each other verbally a blue streak. On the big screen, you can get away with profanity and god knows what. The difference between music and movies is that in movies, you're acting the part. Movies are almost always fiction (think Frida and the incident), and in movies, being yourself isn't everything, unless you fit the player's role perfectly like Tupac Shakur. Music is realism: artist sing and/or rap about what's going on around and within theirselves: gang violence, heartache, loss of a loved one, nationality issues, etc. Sure, they'll fill in a few gaps to push a few more G-Units (pun slightly intended sans dissing 50 Cent), but with music, you want to tell the listener why you're in the business, and you prove it with your stories, your experiences, what you have gone through just to get your voice on a compact disc. It's basically unveiling the real you. Will does this a lot. Other rappers follow this scheme, but a few, if not, most of them, prefer to milk money rather than making it, milk money meaning gimmicks and one-hit wonders.

I'll be editing this post a lot, so expect a few modifications. But to close on the subject, Big Boi of Outkast says it the best: "They put that P.A. sticker on it cause they scared we gon' curse / but the knowledge is the power"

I think a Big Will and Uncle L album with production by Jazzy Jeff and Marley Marl would be the best collab album ever

Edited by bigted