JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Producers Sueing Puffy

bigted

Producers Plan To Sue Diddy; Diddy Responds

By EbenGregory and Nolan Strong

Date: 1/25/2006 5:06 pm

A group of super producers that helped forge the sound of Bad Boy Entertainment into a hit factory are planning to a file a lawsuit against Sean "Diddy" Combs, alleging non-payment of publishing royalties.

"Any monies owed to anyone are either paid or are in the process of being paid -- and, furthermore, will always be paid,” Combs told AllHipHop.com, refuting the charges. “It doesn't do any good -- and makes no sense at all to not pay people -- what logical sense would it make for a record company of Bad Boy's stature to not pay people?"

Producers Clark Kent, Easy Moe Bee, Lord Finesse and others are planning to file the suit against Combs, with some of the producers claiming they haven't seen royalty statements or received payment in upwards of 10 years.

Buckwild, Carlos Broady, The Hitmen, Loon, Craig Mack, Angela Winbush and others are among the producers seeking unpaid royalties from Bad Boy Entertainment, according to a press release issued by representatives for Easy Moe Bee.

"This is not personal against Puff [Combs]," Lord Finesse told AllHipHop.com. "This is just a royalty and publishing situation. A lot of people didn't get paid."

The group of producers are responsible for writing and producing major Bad Boy hits like "Whoa!," "I Love the Dough," "Flava In Ya Ear," "Warning," "Get Down," "I Need a Girl," "Been Around the World," "One More Chance," "Missing You," "Born Again," "Dead Wrong," "Sky's the Limit" and many others.

Representatives for Bad Boy Entertainment and Combs did respond to requests for comment at press time

Puffy's always been a joke. He's never been a real producer. His in-house producers did all the creative work while he just jacked some beats and put his name and vocals on everything. I think it's cool that real Hip-Hop talent like DJ Clark Kent, Eazy Mo Bee, and Lord Finesse, and Craig Mack are taking him on.

Puffy is a smart business man...but he's not a real producer or rapper. I'm not even sure if he's a good person.