JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

unerground hip hop sales

Hero1

yeah but how much copies is brakes selling? of course he'll have to get another job doing it that way 'cause i don't think he could make that much of a profit that way, he's just trying to get his name out there... now in talking about these artists listed, these are professional recording artists with contracts, they're signed to record labels, so the record label has to get some profit too, I think the independent label only gets about $5-7 and the artist gets about $8-10 independently, but if it's a major label like Interscope or Def Jam, the label gets about $14-$14.50 an album and the artist gets about like $0.50-$1 an album sold, there is a signing bonus when you get a deal but most of that goes into recording the album so you don't get much profit from that, Little Brother got screwed just as they'd if not worse than they'd selling 1000 copies independently, $50,000 that gets divided between each member in the group is not that much money, damn some of these artists are broke... :hmm:

Edited by bigted

Guest VAsFinestRenagade

yea but still 7K is actually alot for an independent rapper to make unless he has like 5 out but see if Brakes made that much that would be sorta like a brake through

The should be the name of your next album Brakes "The Brake Through"

7K in sales is pretty good for indendent, $70,000 is a respectable profit, that'd be nice for me, lol... but I'm talking about those who're selling 700 copies, they must be having it rough like they would if they didn't have a deal, I could make more than $7,000 if I was working at Walmart, that's minimum wage money, maybe they do a lot of ghostwriting for the rich artists, lol, that must be how Skillz makes a living...

Edited by bigted