JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Nas and JJFP?

• Admin

I agree with AJ .. Nas can make a great track.. but he makes a lot of stuff that I'm just not feeling.. his track on the mib soundtrack was one of my favorites.. if i ruled the world..one love are great :wiggle: but then he can release tracks like nastradamus

well a lot of people say the same thing about will's singles too and think that he doesn't make any good tracks, you need to listen to the albums and then tell me he ain't consistant, name me somebody who's more consistant than nas? even rakim's last album was weak and he's supposed to be one of the greatest, i don't think LL's last 2 albums were his greatest and I'm one of his biggest fans on here, how quickly do you forget will making "born to reign"? Nobody has a perfect catalog, Nas is easily one of the greatest mcs ever, and if you don't like his beats i think he stopped messing with the Trackmasters finally and is gonna have DJ Premiere produce his next album, the one thing that has been hit and miss mostly has been production for nas, basically it's been the same way for will, i wish they both could go back to "code red"/"illmatic" type production, listening to will so much though i'm able to put up with weak production and just listen to the lyrics, lol, it's kinda wack how all the weak commercial rappers get dope beats but great lyricists like them get crap beats, hopefully will gets jazzy jeff and pete rock producing his next album too, i want will on nas' album too, i wanna hear him spit to a primo track....

Edited by bigted

well a lot of people say the same thing about will's singles too and think that he doesn't make any good tracks, you need to listen to the albums and then tell me he ain't consistant, name me somebody who's more consistant than nas? even rakim's last album was weak and he's supposed to be one of the greatest, i don't think LL's last 2 albums were his greatest and I'm one of his biggest fans on here, how quickly do you forget will making "born to reign"?

Yes, you`r right. Nas is allong with Jigga probably the most consistant MC. I also didnt realy feel LL`s last 2 Albums , only a couple of Tracks (10 Million Stars, Feel The Beat). I think you could mention Will too tho. Borne To Reign was the only bad one. Nastradamus was Nas`s wack one and Jigga should never have made In My Lifetyime Vol. 1. I still think LL is probably the best Mc ever and he never delivered realy bad stuff but he isnt that consistant. He allway average for like 2 Albums and than comes back with a Banger. Same for Dudes like Fat Joe and Method Man and them.

Nas is a great MC. But I stil dont realy feel his Beats.. Funny you said it, Ted, Caus I actualy like his Songs with the Trackmastaz kinda Beats the most. I think Streets Diciple had the best allround production.

I`m probably the only one that feels the Trackmastaz. I loved what they did on Big Willy Style and what they did on LL`s G.O.A.T. was just amazing...

Nah, Jay-Z can't even touch Nas. He's has a few good singles...but other than that...well, i'll just keep the reactions minimal by keeping my mouth shut. One thing i like about the mid-90's waz that production quality was much better...and the sound waz much thicker...even when the emcee or rapper had lacking skillz.

I actually do think that "Street's Disciple" is probably Nas' best produced album since his first 2, LES of the Trackmasters stepped his game up, Trackmasters do have some good production in between like what they did on "Big Willie Style" and LL's "Mr. Smith" and "G.O.A.T." but then they did subpar production on Will's singles on "Willenium" and Nas' "Nastradamous" album, "Freakin' It" is probably just as bad as "Nastradamous" track is, "Nastradamous" was Nas' "Born To Reign" album though he didn't pick it up on the rest of the album it sounds like "Willenium" would sound if Trackmasters produced most of it instead of Jazzy and Touch Of Jazz, the other Nas albums are good though... Now I know a lot of Jay-Z fans here might not like this but I personally think he's more consistant than Jay-Z when it comes to lyricism but people buy Jay-Z' albums more than Nas' 'cause they've got better production, you give Nas beats from "Blueprint" and "Black Album" and he'll sell 3 million too, people like beats more than lyrics unfortunately, I think the beats carried LL's last couple albums too in all fairness, if Will had those beats of "10"/"The Definition" on "Lost and Found", "Lost and Found" would be double platinum right now...

Edited by bigted

I actually do think that "Street's Disciple" is probably Nas' best produced album since his first 2, LES of the Trackmasters stepped his game up, Trackmasters do have some good production in between like what they did on "Big Willie Style" and LL's "Mr. Smith" and "G.O.A.T." but then they did subpar production on Will's singles on "Willenium" and Nas' "Nastradamous" album, "Freakin' It" is probably just as bad as "Nastradamous" track is, "Nastradamous" was Nas' "Born To Reign" album though he didn't pick it up on the rest of the album it sounds like "Willenium" would sound if Trackmasters produced most of it instead of Jazzy and Touch Of Jazz, the other Nas albums are good though... Now I know a lot of Jay-Z fans here might not like this but I personally think he's more consistant than Jay-Z when it comes to lyricism but people buy Jay-Z' albums more than Nas' 'cause they've got better production, you give Nas beats from "Blueprint" and "Black Album" and he'll sell 3 million too, people like beats more than lyrics unfortunately, I think the beats carried LL's last couple albums too in all fairness, if Will had those beats of "10"/"The Definition" on "Lost and Found", "Lost and Found" would be double platinum right now...

Jigga can do ill things with his flow. Nas has amazing lyrics. With Jiggas production I would like Nas more, I guess. You cant say Jigga is wack tho cais Big Daddy Kane and LL Cool said, in all friendship, that he officialy kicked theyr asses in freestyle battles. He still has skillz..

And yes, LL last 2 Albums ar about the beats. I actauly dont realy felt the ones on 10 but I`m not realy in to the Neptunes anway.

I liked LL's last 2 albums but I think that they weren't as great as "Mama Said Knock You Out"/"Radio"/"Mr. Smith" but not all Jay-Z' albums are as great as "Reasonable Doubt/Blueprint/Black Album" either, it's hard for them to top themselves as it is for others to top them...

Edited by bigted

Well, when it comes 2 people like Jay-Z. They work mad hard trying 2 make it, and put out a good album when they 1st come out. But once they make it, and the more succesful they get, the lazier they get. Their lyrics mean less, the passion is gone. Let's face it...the Jay-Z of 2006 is not the Jay-Z of 1996. Shoot, the Jay-Z of 1999 wazn't the Jay-Z of 1996. I'm not just calling Jay-Z out tho'...cuz there are ALOT of other rappers like him...tho' many of them have totally fallen off since. When the smoke clears, u see who is content once they get some money and fame.

That's why i love FP. He's had 2 adapt over the years, but his lyrics have always been true 2 himself and u can tell he puts lots of time in2 what he puts out. Even if u don't like a song or an album...u can never say he's let us down. There isn't 2 many artists in Hip-Hop u can say that about.