JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

am i the only one that ask myself why?

Guest Guest_you_*

Guest Guest_you_*

hey guys,this are good news we have new jjfp shows,but why he perform everytime gettin jiggy,summertime,miami,switch!!!!why he not perform other raps?????raps on willenium like the rain,uhh,afroangel,code red songs,lost and found songs like tell me why,lost and found,pump ya brakes,chosen one.i mean raps where he definitely shows his rap skills and credibility as a rapper!!!this is te way people like bow wow,eminem,and the mainstream change a little his opinion about FP.

Well it's 'cause these are mainstream shows that everybody performs only their hits since it's a limited amount of time for performance, Bow Wow, Eminem, Jay-Z, etc. all perform their hits when they have shows on MTV where they don't care for substance, they don't play multisyllable rhymes on there. When artists have a proper tour they'll have more time to perform songs that their hardcore fans would love, JJFP need to have a proper tour...

Edited by bigted

wow how ironic, i just asked tim this online last night hahaha...

we would all love it if he did Boom! Shake the Room or Scream or Im Looking for the One, hell even Ring My Bell or Hes the DJ Im the Rapper, somethin like dis..etc. idk why he does it tho, mainstream? yeah so what, make those songs limited and cater to the old skool fans. the more important fans.

• Admin

unfortunately those are the songs the people at these shows wanna hear.. id rather hear twinkle twinkle, potnas, its all good, here we go again, you saw my blinker, im all that etc but he basically has to do jiggy,miami, mib everytime he steps on stage cause that album sold 12 million

That's why JJFP need to do a 2 hour show instead of these short 20 minute gigs so that way they could do a lil' bit more of their catalog instead of the usual "Miami", "Jiggy", "MIB", "Summertime" that you'd do in that short period. "Code Red" was a classic album but it was JJFP's lowest sellin' album with no hits except for "Boom! Shake The Room" which Will hates so he won't perform that, and it's not like the mainstream audience'd be familiar with those songs if JJFP's doing a radio or 106 & Park gig.