JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

VH-1 HIP-HOP HONORS

JumpinJack AJ

Nelly and TI are there to attract commercial rap fans to watch the show, if it was just a bunch of ol' school mcs and that's it hardly anybody would wanna watch, I honestly would rather see Biggie alive and give homage to LL instead of Nelly 'cause he was a big LL fan too he remade "Goin' Back To Cali", I think he's overrated but he was above average compared to a lot of these sucker mcs out now, actually with all of them out now actually boosts up his legacy, there was a lot of dope mcs on the scene when he was living but now there's nobody, 50 Cent actually makes Nelly bearable to listen to as well, there's probably gonna be a tribute to Big Pun next year I bet since they had one for Pac last year and one for Biggie this year, hopefully they honor Left Eye one day too, I'd like to seeing the living legends get honored more though.

Edited by bigted

I loved Salt n Peppa and En Vogue's performance :w00t: I love LL's 2. I like how he wore the hat and the big gold chain.

The only thing that bugs me was y Kanye was performing his own song at the hiphop honors :thumbdown:

I said it on ws.com and bigted said it here 2... They have 2 honor JJFP next year. They better or i raise hell :protest:

At least last year when Nas performed his new single "Bridgin' The Gap" with his dad Olu Dara it was relevant to hip-hop honors 'cause it was a tribute song to the ol' school but Kanye's "Gold Digger" was totally irrelevant to the concept of the show, it wasn't paying homage to anybody, FP's "Party Starter" is relevant to the fun that they were having last night, he also mentions about bringin' back the ol' school, that was the theme of last night, so that would've been a nice way to warm it up before Kane came on!

Edited by bigted

They better honor JJFP next year, they definitely deserve it, they are hip-hop pioneers and it is about time that they get some recoginiton.