JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

LL Cool J and Ice-T make hip-hop honor roll

bigted

LL Cool J, Ice T make VH1's hip-hop honor roll

34 minutes ago

VH1 pays tribute to the spirit and influence of hip-hop with its second annual "VH1 Hip-Hop Honors" event, hosted by Russell Simmons and his brother, Run-D.M.C. co-founder Rev. Run.

Feted this year will be LL Cool J, Big Daddy Kane, Grandmaster Flash & the Furious Five, the Notorious B.I.G., Ice T, Salt-N-Pepa and John Singleton's groundbreaking flick "Boyz N the Hood."

A number of the performances will pair the honorees with some of today's most popular acts.

Rapper Nelly will join forces with R&B siren Ciara to perform a medley of LL Cool J's classics "Jinglin' Baby" and "Doin' It" before LL performs "Mama Said Knock You Out." Rapper/producer Kanye West will appear with Faith Evans and a mass choir to honor Evans' deceased husband, the Notorious B.I.G., in the evening's finale.

The show, which will be taped September 22 at New York's Hammerstein Ballroom, is slated to air at 9 p.m. ET September 26 on

VH1.

Reuters/Billboard

Copyright © 2005 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved

Very cool...i can't wait til LL takes the stage. Why Nelly tho'?!...and Ciara?!? It's like VH-1 takes one step forward, then one step backwards. They should have someone who makes sense performing his songs. If FP wazn't such a legend, i'd say he'd be the one worthy of performing them.

It's cool that Ice-T will be there 2. I real OG in Hip-Hop...who also used 2 have a lyrical beef with LL. It old and they are cool enough 2 attend the same event without beef. Someone pass this talent on2 idiots like 50 Cent.