JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

what did fat joe do to fifty cent

cristigolo

Joe, Hip-Hop music is music based off of Hip-Hop culture. Hip-Hop is about life, about yourself, about where u come from. G-Unit, Ja-Rule, etc...there music isn't anything like that. They just rap about violence, drugs, jewelery, sex, etc. That's not Hip-Hop. Them fools are lost...and anybody lost cannot be Hip-Hop. If u wanna hear real Hip-Hop, put in some De La Soul, Talib Kweli, De La Soul, etc.

For your information I do listen to them artists more than Ja rule etc. It's just if it wasn't for beefing hip hop wouldn't be as it is today. True Hip Hop is about life and culture. The reason they rap about violence and drugs is because thats all them fools know. They can't tell us how hip hop changed thier lives. Hip Hop is different to each and every one of us and that cannot be changed. If we love hip hop so much why go about and criticse the artists that are "Whack" and just leave them be.

What the hell another 50 Cent topic? :ShockRifle: If we don't like 50 Cent we shouldn't talk about him so much, I don't believe that he's hip-hop anymore 'cause he isn't rapping about what he knows now, he isn't gangbangin' on the streets anymore since he's a millionaire, the songs he makes doesn't reflect his life now, that's why he ain't hip-hop, rap is only music, hip-hop is a lifestyle, 50 Cent is just a rapper who makes songs and that's it, a real mc is someone that represents in their life the songs they make, hip-hop battles are supposed to be nonviolent and witty, neither would be the case with the G Unit vs. Game/Jadakiss/Nas/etc., that's a crap battle, if you want a real battle I'd go with KRS vs. MC Shan, Nas vs. Jay-Z, and LL vs. Cannibus, peaceful battles of wits where skills wins not who has the most guns.

Edited by bigted

that's the thing Ted. osme people here do like their music, and want to talk aobut it with the few others who do like it. It's just that, everytime a topic about him comes up, someone always comes in, and feels the need to Put em down. If you guys really do truly hate them..Leave em alone. Constantly hating on the little things isn't going to make him better.

It's like those fools who diss Will because he's "Clean". They aren't achieving anything. Will hasn't changed, his fans haven't changed. The haters haven't won any awards...It seems pointless/

Joe, Hip-Hop music is music based off of Hip-Hop culture.   Hip-Hop is about life, about yourself, about where u come from.  G-Unit, Ja-Rule, etc...there music isn't anything like that.  They just rap about violence, drugs, jewelery, sex, etc.

Ja Rule has some Songs that are Hip Hip in you`r view..Where I`m From,Life Goe`s`On..

And Hip Hop musik isn`t juts about what you say i think..Just like De La Soul (you mentioned them) says.."Hip Hop-Just Beats and Rhymes"

Edited by Turntable