JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

3rd i robot trailer

Hero1

• Admin
I, Robot Trailer
New preview for the sci-fi actioner.

June 07, 2004 - 20th Century Fox has released a third trailer for I, Robot, the Isaac Asimov adaptation starring Will Smith.

The film takes place in the year 2035, a time when robots are an everyday household item. Everyone uses them and trusts them, except for one slightly technophobic police detective (Smith) who is called in to investigate what he alone believes is a murder perpetrated by a robot. The case leads him to discover a far more frightening threat to the human race – he uncovers a massive conspiracy that could mean that robots are secretly running the world.

The film is actually an adaptation of Asimov's robot stories with some other elements thrown in. Asimov devotees have expressed concern at the hodgepodge nature of the story. Director Alex Proyas told us, "If you know the stories, they're actually really difficult to distill down to one cinematic narrative. We took a bit of a sidestep in that we're really faithful to the spirit of Asimov's stories, but we've constructed our own narrative using a lot of elements from a lot of different stories, using a lot of sequences and scenes and ideas... I think it's really the only way to take those nine stories and make a single, dramatic movie out of it."

Will Smith, who served as Executive Producer on the picture, says, "The movie is very different from what the original script was, very different from the short stories and there was a long collaborative process that I'm happy to had been a part of. It's very easy if you have really smart, intelligent people around, you get to take credit for stuff you didn't do."

Smith stars alongside Bruce Greenwood, James Cromwell, Bridget Moynahan and Chi McBride.

[url="http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/i_robot/trailer3/"]http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/i_robot/trailer3/[/url]