JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

anyone want an audio battle?

bsharp13

That's a good idea for whoever records here, maybe Will could come by to drop some freestyles and kick all of our asses! :lolsign:

i dont know how and i dont have the gear to do so, but if you did would it be like live, or would someone record something then the other person would record then post? and another note would be that it would be alot tougher to decide who wins since alot of the times people who dont like a rap, dont know how to read it like its supposed to be said. i try hard to write mine down how its spose to be said with like commas. anyway. thats it.

Edited by WILL IS ILL

im more and more liking this idea, i just dont knwo how to do it

buy a standard cheap $10 microphone from Radio Shack and plug it in to the back of your computer. a lot of computers have jacks in the back that are labeled, and one of them should say "Microphone"

then, assuming you use Windows, you could go to a reallly cheap and easy program to start basic recording. go to the Start menu -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Entertainment -> Sound Recorder

now once you're in Sound Recorder, you can record basic sound, but you have to select the Mic as your source. so in Sound Recorder, go to Edit -> Audio Properties. under Sound Recording, choose Volume. then scroll to the microphone section, make sure the volume is all the way up and put a check mark next to it (indicating you will record from that source)

this is only one way 2 record simple audio, but it's kinda lame 4 recording over a beat. when recording a freestyle or a rap over a beat, i'd suggest using a recommended program by one of the forum members here :2thumbs: