JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Playing Multi Region DVD's

Da Brakes

Before I start this I just want you to all be aware that unlocking your equipment to play other regioned DVD's is perfectly legal. Its the actual copying of DVD's which is illegal!! So don't do it!!!

Playstation 2

To play other region DVD's on your DVD you need to purchase a disc called DVD Region X! Yo can buy it from most places on the net like amazon etc. Here is a place also www.modchip.com. You might also need a different scart lead as well to prevent the green effect this may cause. It is all quite cheap and works everytime.

I have it on my PS2 and I can watch any import DVD from anywhere in the world! All you literally do is put the DVD Region X disc in, select what region you want to watch and then simply put in that specific DVD.

The only draw back you get with this method is that you have to do this process every time you want to watch a DVD, even if your PS2 is coded to play DVD's from your own region. Oher than that its perfectly fine

PC

Ok, this method allows you to play import DVD on your PC. Most PC DVD players allows you to switch between regions but only a limited number of times. Usually 5. To get around this you need to download a pice of software called DVD Region + CSS Free and you can get it from here: http://www.dvdidle.com/dvd-region-free.htm. This cost $39.95 but if you download it (trial version) you can enter a serial which unlocks it to the full version. Now this is illegal and if you wanna do it this way its up to you, but I don't condone it!! :mad: :smart: I would never do anything like that myself!!! :rofl:

Once this is all sorted out, you will be able to watch any import DVD on your PC!

DVD Player

Again there are lots of codes on the net which allow you to unlock your DVD player to play import DVD's! Here is a good one to use: www.videohelp.com.

All you simply do is type in the codes using you remote control!

And thats about it! All of these methods work because I myself have doen them! You are however doing all of this at your own risk! If your equipment gets messed up I don't want any invoices of letters saying 'Brakes told me to do this!' :lolsign:

Hope this is helpful to you guys!

Yeah thanx 4 this! I was wondering about this! I live in Belgium...so am I able to play a US DVD on my DVD player?? I realy wonder about that...since I doubt that the Will Smith Live DVD will be released in Europe! :sigh:

Yeah thanx 4 this! I was wondering about this! I live in Belgium...so am I able to play a US DVD on my DVD player?? I realy wonder about that...since I doubt that the Will Smith Live DVD will be released in Europe! :sigh:

Yes you will be!! Its just a matter of getting the right code for your DVD player!