JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

LL Cool J Help

Mike

Eh, I can see a lil good debate comin from this one.

The LL album I got is "DEFinition". I think my mom has "Phenomenom" in her collect and doesn't kno it.

I loved "Around The Way Girl" and "Mama Said Knock You Out". And that's 1990, I forget the name of that album tho. But I'd say that one just becuz.

If your a first time buyer so for "All World" its a Greatest Hits from 84-96 so wud be a good starting point. Then you can figure out what your fave songs are from it and buy the corresponding albums

Thats how I did it. I first bought "All World" then "10" and so on. Personally for me, my second favorite album of all-time and my favorite LL Cool J album is 1993's "14 shots to the Dome". That is his Code Red type of CD. I just love it even thought most people dont like it at all.

"Mr. Smith" is also a really nice album. 10 is alright, a lil too R&B though but still good. "The DEFintion" is really hot though.

I'll kinda discribe them...and which ever one u think is what u should out 1st...u can go by reading my post.

Radio and Bigger And Deffer at straight old skool.

Walking With The Panther is late 80's style old skool.

Mama Said Knock You Out is an early 90's kinda album. But honestly, i don't love the whole album as much as i love most of the early '90's Hip-Hop. It has some amazing trax...and some that are just straight rhyming..which isn't a bad thing. The stand out trax just really stand out. Marley Marl waz the mastermind of this album.

14 Shot To The Dome is mid-90's. He waz totally exhausted when he did this album, but it's one of my favs. "Pink Cookies..., Stand By Your Man, Diggy Down, etc.

Mr. Smith waz his mid-90's come back. It's straight Hip-Hop and nearly every track is radio-ready. This album is Trackmasters at their best (tho' they didn't do the whole album).

Phenomenon is a hodge-podge album. There's all kinds of stuff on this album. Slick commerical stuff, straight Hip-Hop, R-N-B soul, everything.

G.O.A.T. is his gritty street album. Lost of masculine energy on the album. Lots of deep stuff mixed in some of the trax 2.

10 is his straight Hip-Hop comeback. If u like FP's solo work, this is slightly similar 2 it.

The DEFinition is another radio ready album. Some of the trax are just a lil' under produced, but LL always comes correct with the lyrics and flow.