JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Rev. Run Reality Show

bigted

The Rev. Run to Star in Reality Show

NEW YORK - The Rev. Run is in the house. "Run's House," a reality show featuring the Rev. Run of Run DMC, his wife, Justine, and their five children, will premiere later this year on MTV, the network announced Monday.

The show will give viewers "an inside look at the lives of hip-hop royalty," Brian Graden, president of entertainment, MTV Music Group, said Monday. The air date for the first show wasn't announced.

In "Run's House," the Rev. Run, whose real name is Joey Simmons, must balance recording his first solo album with raising five children, ages 9 to 21.

"My family is my ministry," he said in a statement. "I'm gonna raise it up with or without cameras. But I'm excited to do it on MTV."

Sean "P. Diddy" Combs and Russell Simmons, brother of the Rev. Run, are among the executive producers. Both Simmons brothers live in Saddle River, N.J.

Russell Simmons described the show as "`Father Knows Best' on steroids."

"Rev. Run is ... one of the most interesting individuals I know." Combs said. "He's going to show the world what hip-hop family life is really like."

Wow! This sounds very cool. I think this show will be a great outlet 2 bring real Hip-Hop and spiritualality in2 people's homes. It'll also be a great way 2 promote the album. Look what those MTV reality shows have done for Jessica Simpson and Ashlee Simpson.

Yeah this show could put Rev. Run back in the spotlight again, I'm looking forward to it! :thumb: