JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

VH-1's LEAST HIP-HOP MOMENTS

Wow! Just as i expected, this entire show annoyed the crap out of me. 1st off, pretty much NOBODY doing the commontary has any room 2 talk about Hip-Hop. Flava Flav is on there, MC Lyte pops up 4 a second, Sir-Mix-Alot talks alot, and Brian McKnight gets some screen time 2...but that's it. They knock all the stuff i grew up on like Kris Kross and Marky Mark. They diss "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" as if it waz supposed 2 be song done 2 change the world. None of them even knew what Jiggy meant. They also focused on stuff nobody cared about. They spent like 5 minutes on Madonna's short rap at the end of her track "American Life." They dissed Ice Cube for directing Color Me Badd's "Time & Chance" video (one of my fav R-N-B joints from the mid-90's). They focused on the one Christian emcee who did a track called "To Whom It May Concern" which waz a prayer 4 Eminem, hoping he'd get his life right. The song sounded really dope from the short bits u heard on the show.

The thing that made me real mad is that they focued on stuff that waz so irrelevant, but they ignored all the things wrong with Hip-Hop 2day that aren't even Hip-Hop. VH-1 shows alot of love for Hip-Hop...but this show isn't a part of that.

Wow!  Just as i expected, this entire show annoyed the crap out of me. 1st off, pretty much NOBODY doing the commontary has any room 2 talk about Hip-Hop.  Flava Flav is on there, MC Lyte pops up 4 a second, Sir-Mix-Alot talks alot, and Brian McKnight gets some screen time 2...but that's it.  They knock all the stuff i grew up on like Kris Kross and Marky Mark.  They diss "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" as if it waz supposed 2 be song done 2 change the world.  None of them even knew what Jiggy meant.  They also focused on stuff nobody cared about.  They spent like 5 minutes on Madonna's short rap at the end of her track "American Life."  They dissed Ice Cube for directing Color Me Badd's "Time & Chance" video (one of my fav R-N-B joints from the mid-90's).  They focused on the one Christian emcee who did a track called "To Whom It May Concern" which waz a prayer 4 Eminem, hoping he'd get his life right.  The song sounded really dope from the short bits u heard on the show.

The thing that made me real mad is that they focued on stuff that waz so irrelevant, but they ignored all the things wrong with Hip-Hop 2day that aren't even Hip-Hop.  VH-1 shows alot of love for Hip-Hop...but this show isn't a part of that.

Why'd they put "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" on there? I thought VH1 put it as one of the best hip-hop videos of all time a couple years ago on that show hosted by Ed Lover and Doctor Dre.

Edited by bigted

• Members

Oh my God! "Time and Chance" by Color Me Badd is a superb video!!!! I loved watching that video on MTV back when I was a kid. Whoever came up with that VH1 program concept is obviously totally unaware of anything to do with hip-hop. Oh well.

Oh my God! "Time and Chance" by Color Me Badd is a superb video!!!! I loved watching that video on MTV back when I was a kid.

See, we do have some of the same tastes. :thumb:

• Members

Oh my God! "Time and Chance" by Color Me Badd is a superb video!!!! I loved watching that video on MTV back when I was a kid.

See, we do have some of the same tastes. :thumb:

Yeah man. :kekeke:

Guest lambertj3

the show was hilarious and 95% true aaron carter is not hip hop, i disagreed with the diss of ice cube directing a video though and what does vanilla ice know about hip hop anyway?

Wow!  Just as i expected, this entire show annoyed the crap out of me. 1st off, pretty much NOBODY doing the commontary has any room 2 talk about Hip-Hop.  Flava Flav is on there, MC Lyte pops up 4 a second, Sir-Mix-Alot talks alot, and Brian McKnight gets some screen time 2...but that's it.  They knock all the stuff i grew up on like Kris Kross and Marky Mark.  They diss "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" as if it waz supposed 2 be song done 2 change the world.  None of them even knew what Jiggy meant.  They also focused on stuff nobody cared about.  They spent like 5 minutes on Madonna's short rap at the end of her track "American Life."  They dissed Ice Cube for directing Color Me Badd's "Time & Chance" video (one of my fav R-N-B joints from the mid-90's).  They focused on the one Christian emcee who did a track called "To Whom It May Concern" which waz a prayer 4 Eminem, hoping he'd get his life right.  The song sounded really dope from the short bits u heard on the show.

The thing that made me real mad is that they focued on stuff that waz so irrelevant, but they ignored all the things wrong with Hip-Hop 2day that aren't even Hip-Hop.  VH-1 shows alot of love for Hip-Hop...but this show isn't a part of that.

Why'd they put "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" on there? I thought VH1 put it as one of the best hip-hop videos of all time a couple years ago on that show hosted by Ed Lover and Doctor Dre.

Yeah, I believe they did.