JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

i need advice from rap writers

Don Jiggy

Well the most important thing is how you feel about doing it, not only what others feel about you doing it, I thought about quitting one time before a couple years ago but after a couple months or so I missed it so I went back to writing again and I never stopped since it seems and I love doin' it more than ever, if it becomes too much of a strain for you don't do it, it's supposed to be fun to do it, believe or not even the pros feel the same way too, sometimes they might feel discouraged and take time off but find their way back to perform for us(the theme Lost and Found could apply to all artists, sometimes we feel lost but then the drive gets found again), at least the ones that do it for the art.

Edited by bigted

Well I was thinkin' about quitting 'cause I felt discouraged by seein' so many wack videos whenever I turned on BET and emptv and I figured that there was no place for me to fit in there, but then I realised that I could just keep doing my thing and block out the bull**** and not give a damn if I get signed and just do it for my peeps in the worst case scenerio, they enjoy it but it was never losin' confidance in my rhyme skills, I feel like I'm building knowledge and improving by applying that to my rhymes, just do you!

I've thought about quitting too. And one more than one occasion. It's just something i can't help doing. My lyrics for the cd I'm workin on is gonna be my best yet. I can really tell. I just wrote my intro track 2day.

If your force writing, yeah your gonna get discouraged cuz U'll feel U have nothing left. Writing for me is just a natural habit. Sometimes I may start a song and never finish it.

dont quit, i can help you, i noticed that you use the same words to rhyme with each other. unless it has a word before it that rhmyes like "....take you......break you" those would be on different lines but you see the point. and also look over what you write. ive told you this in the battle :kekeke:

sorry if i offended you in it.

write when you have the groove goin and in your in the mood, when i was battlin i was listen to rap with a good groove.

Edited by WILL IS ILL