JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jeffs Beats

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest_Vipa

for real, always loved that Jazz Feel...heh, I know a porducer who's work is heavily influenced by Jazz..I keep telling him to try and get good with ATOJ. :thumb:

• Members

They are the smoothest beats ever. trust

definatly only DJ who might be better at DJin than Jeff is Grand Master Flash

• Members

I KIND OF DISAGREE WITH THAST STATEMENT- THOUGH I HAVE MAD LOVE AND RESPECT FOR GRANDMASTER FLASH- HE IS OVERRATED- I CAN SAY THAT BECAUSE I HAVE SEN HIM DJ AND TRUST- JEFF IS FAR BETTER. HECK I CAN NAME A FEW MORE DJ'S(EVEN DURING THE OLD SCHOOL ERA)-THAT WERE BETTER THAN FLASH, BUT FLASH GOT THE PRESTIGE FOR WHAT HE BRUNG TO THE DJ GAME AND THE STUFF HE PIONEERED.

IM A DJ AND I SEEN THE BEST AND NOT SO GOOD. THIS IS NOT A DISRESPECT TOWARDS FLASH BUT AN OPINION OF ONE WHO HAS SEEN HIM LIVE ONE TIME OR ANOTHER.

PEACE YA'LL

:afro:

I would say that Flash's "adventure on the wheels of steel" is incredible and a all time classic, but Flash was up 2 date from about 1980 to 1983.. then he was overwheeled by lotz and lotz of new DJs.. the big battles started in 1984/85.. first an era of east-coast legends.. Jazzy Jeff, Cheese, Cash Money and so on.. then all da turntablism era started with Stevie dee.. Flash's techniques were 2 simple and 2 boring even in the late eighties.. I mean, he got mad respect 4 developin his style in da kitchen hahaha, and he was da king of cuttin and made djing popular here in Europe, but in fact, his record boy da grandwizard theodore should even diserve more creditz 4 developin da first scratches.. nowadays I would more prefer 2 see afrika bambaataa or some other Djs from back in da days as Grandmaster Flash.. his shows made da impression that he's doin it more 4 da money than 4 Hip Hop.. I read an interview, 2, were he said that he didn't join da movie "scratch" (check this incredible documentary on DVD!!) cuz he expected more money 2 for him, 2 be showed in this film.